Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

MIL rant

My 23 month old son has always been a great sleeper. He sleeps 1213 hours at night and takes a good afternoon nap. Lucky me, right? Well my MIL's comment to that is "Maybe you want to get his blood sugar checked. He might be sleeping a lot because he has diabetes." Nice, right?!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: MIL rant

• Options
    That's crazy! DS sleeps the same. He has always been a great sleeper. Not a sign of diabetes! Geez!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie - (A6Jy)

• Options
    I guess it is a possibility. I guess if I had a big family history of diabetes or something, I would ask the pedi. If not, she's crazy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageAnne Mommy:
    I guess it is a possibility. I guess if I had a big family history of diabetes or something, I would ask the pedi. If not, she's crazy.

Oh yeah, I mean I know it's always possible but, to have that be her first comment is def strange. She says weird crazy things like that all the time.
  • Options
    Ugh.  That's annoying.  I'm sure your LO is just fine, and enjoy your sleep!
  • Options
    That's dumb.  Don't listen to her.  My DD has slept 12-13 hours a night since she was about 4 months old.  She is going on a 2+ hour nap at the moment.  Lucky us! 
  • Options
    Bahahaha! That's hilarious! DS sleeps that much too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    I have a blood sugar disorder (GSD) and trust me if they were getting low or blood sugar they wouldn't be sleeping...  They would be whining, sweaty, cranky, etc..  She is crazy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    When ds was little (like around 2 months), my mil kept commenting on how much he slept. He was a normal sleeper. Awake for about 2-3 hours and then wanted a nap. It drove me nuts that she would say that!

• Options
    Wow, you're mil sounds like a genius.

And by genius, I mean complete dumbasssss
  • Options
    All I can do is ignore... Or laugh because some things she says are just ridiculous.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"