3rd Trimester

34 weeks & severe rib pain!!

I literally feel like I got kicked in the ribs. The entire left side of my rib cage is in extreme pain and of course now I have cold, so every time I sneeze, cough, or blow my nose, the pain goes through the roof. Is this normal? Should I be worried? Anyone else feeling this?

mom to Clara Violet born Nov 2012 / expecting baby #2 in March 2016

Re: 34 weeks & severe rib pain!!

• You probably have been literally kicked in the ribs. Baby is getting bigger, and I'm sorry to tell you that it may just get worse. :(
    A woman's life is nine parts mess to one part magic, you'll learn that soon enough...and the parts that look like magic turn out to be the messiest of all.
  • I am also 34 weeks and experiencing the same thing. My perinatalogist said it was round ligament pain. I could barely work Thursday due to the pain and I have a pretty high pain tolerance. Hope you find relief!
  • Loading the player...
  • My LO thinks hanging out in my ribs is where it's at..... so I completely feel your pain.  

Things that offer me a *little* relief:

1) Lying down instead of sitting - keeps my uterus a little lower and baby out of the ribs

2) A Rib Rub- I get my my husband to sort of massage my ribs.  I know that sounds strange, but it makes it easier to breathe for me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yep, your LO has probably found a nice comfy spot in your rib cage.  I'm only 30 weeks and mine just found my ribs.  I've been getting kicked so hard it actually takes my breath away, and sometimes it feels like it's doing alligator spins against the inside of my ribcage.  

A few posters have mentioned an ice pack or something cold against the area will sort of guide the baby away from your ribs, I guess because they don't like the cold.  Maybe give that a shot?

• I keep getting a butt up in the ribs and it hurts pretty flipping bad. It just feels like really intense pressure constantly. I literally keep pressing baby down the best I can. I also recline back to stretch out a bit.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"