January 2013 Moms
Options

Which Rock N Play?

I'm going to place an order online today for Rock N Play through Target but I'm not sure which one to get. They all seem about the same but have a slightly different price.

I originally planed to get this one . .

https://www.target.com/p/fisher-price-newborn-rock-n-play-soother-neutral/-/A-13868678?reco=Rec|pdp|13868678|ClickCP|item_page.vertical_1&lnk=Rec|pdp|ClickCP|item_page.vertical_1#guest-reviews

But now I'm wondering if this one would be better and more comfortable for baby. We plan to use this for sleep at night in our room.

https://www.target.com/p/fisher-price-snugabunny-newborn-rock-n-play-soother/-/A-13868677?ref=tgt_adv_XSB10001&AFID=shopzilla_df&LNM=|13868677&CPNG=baby&ci_src=10043468&ci_sku=13868677&szredirectid=13489090716770909979010050302008005

Any STM's with experience on these two? Or any FTM's already order one or the other? Reviews on both are great. 

Re: Which Rock N Play?

• Options
    On the Nurseries and Baby Gear board, a lot of STM's have recommended the 2nd one (Snugabunny).

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I read reviews online, and there were a lot of complaints about the non-deluxe ones causing flat heads. Lots of comments were saying the deluxe (the snugabunny) had much better cushioning for the baby's head.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagebearkatjen:
    I read reviews online, and there were a lot of complaints about the non-deluxe ones causing flat heads. Lots of comments were saying the deluxe (the snugabunny) had much better cushioning for the baby's head.

This is what I've seen too. 

BFP 5.21.12 ~~ Born 1.28.13
    BFP 8.14.15 ~~ Due 4.22.16
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imagebearkatjen:

This. I would definitely get the second one if I were you. 

• Options
    My friend gave me one that's like the first one. I like it, but I didn't know there were issues with causing flat heads. She also gave me a Boppy deluxe head support for the baby that can be used in anything, so I guess I'll stick it in there.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the thoughts ladies. It seems like most people are 50/50 on if it will cause a flat head or not, from what some girls told me little ones can suffer from a flat head just from spending too much time in a swing, PNP, car seat or any other baby item.
  • Options

imagebrianabrad:
    Thanks for the thoughts ladies. It seems like most people are 50/50 on if it will cause a flat head or not, from what some girls told me little ones can suffer from a flat head just from spending too much time in a swing, PNP, car seat or any other baby item.

This is true. Anything can cause a flat head. DS1 got a flat spot on one side of his head because he favored it. Our doctor just told us to use a rolled up receiving blanket to prop his head gently the other way during the day (I wouldn't be comfortable with that while sleeping) when he was in his carseat/bouncer etc.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

OP - If price is a factor in your decision, I just found the snugabunny on sale on amazon for the same price as the original:

https://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Little-Snugabunny-Newborn-Sleeper/product-reviews/B005IWM73S/ref=cm_cr_dp_see_all_btm?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imagebrianabrad:

Yep!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP #1 5/12/12; EDD 1/20/13; Eliana Grace born 1/25/13

BFP #2 12/11/13; EDD 8/23/14; M/C 6 weeks

BFP #3 4/3/14; EDD 12/13/14

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"