1st Trimester
Options

do you have a hobby?

I'm looking for inspiration! I'm a SAHW and am looking for something to fill my time with. Do any of you have hobbies?
TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary

Re: do you have a hobby?

• Options
    Ive been into photography and painting and love that it keeps me busy, I think hobbies are great and help the time go by fast. 
    condolences Pictures, Images and Photos Oh ya know, just living the dream of a cheating husband,divorce and becoming a single mom, heres my blog: Blog
  • Options
    I started sewing last year and love it.  Love being able to make cute and useful things. I've been too tired after work lately, but I'm hoping this fatigue will pass soon so I can get started on some Christmas gifts and a quilt for this baby.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageabb08:
    I started sewing last year and love it.  Love being able to make cute and useful things. I've been too tired after work lately, but I'm hoping this fatigue will pass soon so I can get started on some Christmas gifts and a quilt for this baby.

what materials do i need for quilt making? (aside from thread and needle lol) could one do it by hand? i dont really want to buy a sewing machine because im not sure how much use i'd get out of it.

TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm a scrapbooker but I haven't found the time to do anything with it. I also taught myself how to crochet and will probably crochet DS a hat and one for this LO. Crochet is very easy to learn. I literally youtubed it. I swear YouTube is the best way to learn. You can slow down and pause the videos as you work along with it.
  • Options
    Fitness. I recently found a love for working out that I never have before. I became a fitness instructor about 5 months ago and now I'm in the process of turning that into a non profit organization. I work full time as an exceptional education teacher but I swear teaching my fitness classes lets me escape from the stresses of my "real" job.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Sewing, I love making purses, clothes and household decor such as curtains....and I seriously need to catch up on my scrap booking for my 7 yr old before I have two scrap books to keep up with ;-). Pinterest has tons of great ideas that might inspire you to start a new hobby. 
  • Options

imagesherina825:
    Fitness. I recently found a love for working out that I never have before. I became a fitness instructor about 5 months ago and now I'm in the process of turning that into a non profit organization. I work full time as an exceptional education teacher but I swear teaching my fitness classes lets me escape from the stresses of my "real" job.

ya, i became a personal trainer a few yrs ago. 

• Options
    I love to scrapbook my son has his own series already :) this baby will have the same.
  • Options
    I love sewing.  I think if you buy a sewing machine, you'll find there are so many projects you'll want to do that it will get constant use.  Just start with basic projects and work your way up from there as you learn new skills.  It's so fun!
    My Babies:
    Reid: 10/30/2010
    Blake: 5/11/2013

• Options
    imageRussianMommy:

imageabb08:

what materials do i need for quilt making? (aside from thread and needle lol) could one do it by hand? i dont really want to buy a sewing machine because im not sure how much use i'd get out of it.

Oh, I am totally a machine quilter - I do not have the patience for hand quilting (though I certainly wish I did!).  I bought a cheap machine for about $80 off of Amazon (everyone will tell you not to buy a cheap machine, but why invest a ton of money into something you are not sure about?)  It has served me really well - been using it pretty constantly for a year with no problems.  We are all shorties, so I figured if all I ever used it for was hemming pants, I could still save enough to make it worth having! (It has definitely paid for itself by this point).

If you go on Pinterest and poke around, you can find many super simple projects with free patterns that will inspire you to get started. There are lots of simple quilt projects for beginners. For the simplest quilt, you just need two pieces of fabric, batting, and thread.

ETA: This is the machine I have:

https://www.amazon.com/Brother-XL2600I-Affordable-25-Stitch-Free-Arm/dp/B000F7DPEQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1348971599&sr=8-3&keywords=brother+sewing+machine

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"