Multiples

Newborn twins and sleep

I am trying to sync the sleep schedule for my newborn twins. Even though we can easily get them on. Routine during the day, it is difficult at night where one is waking up every hour. I hAve been waking up both to eat at the same time but still have this problem. Does anyone have any advice for me to help with their nighttime sleeping? Thanks! 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Newborn twins and sleep

• I don't think it's possible with newborns. Mine are 2 months old and due to their size differences we are not synced. When they were just home from the hospital we had to feed them ever 2.5 hours.
  • it was harder when they were newborns, but the more you stick to one up both up, they will get there and then you can get sleep lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • As you are finding out, this is a very challenging time.  This is the most difficult time.  Each little one has needs of their own, and those needs may differ enough.  I agree with the prior suggestions...I'm just here to encourage you, because it really does get better.  Hang in there!

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Could they have day/night confusion? We made daytime feedings bright and the house was active and lots of chatting to them. Nighttime was all business. Just one dim light on in the nursery, diaper change, re-swaddle, bottle, and back in the crib. Also we kept the white noise going in their room overnight, which I think helped improve the quality of their sleep. Do you wake to feed in the daytime? I found that waking them to feed during the day helped establish day versus night rhythms.  

• I second what MrsLnt said. That's the first thing that I thougt of when I read your post.  We started doing these things after our first pedi visit and it worked like magic!  Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"