Trying to Get Pregnant

Trying to get pregnant

We have been trying to get pregnant for the past few months; someone told me to try soy isoflavones; I have never heard of them; any ideas?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Trying to get pregnant

• I haven't heard of that either. 

I've been taking Folic Acid.  I did this with my first pregnancy too and it took us 2 cycles.  GL!!

Married 2007
    DS - 5/2010
    DD - 6-2013
    TTC #3 - Cycle #9

• we have been trying for the past 5 months; i have not used OPK's yet; but i will get them tomorrow
  • Loading the player...
  • No one here will recommend using supplements without the okay from a doctor.

That being said, if you haven't been charting yet, I suggest you give it a try. You can click on the balloon in my siggy, and it will take you to Fertility Friend where you can track your BBT and other fertility signs. You can also take the tutorials which will teach you a lot. 

You can also click on the newbie link at the top of the page - it is full of great information.  

Welcome and good luck! 

12/19/2012 BFP! 
    EDD 08/26/2013 
    Our little girl arrived 8/22/2013!

• where can you get Folic Acid and do you take them every day?
  • imageJessicaCorey2011:
    where can you get Folic Acid and do you take them every day?

Prenatals have folic acid. 

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• Can you take prenatals if your not pregnant?
  • imageJessicaCorey2011:
    Can you take prenatals if your not pregnant?

Ummm, yes.  Sounds like a pre-conception appointment with your doc would be a good idea.  I scheduled one even though I'm TTC #2.   

• I did go but we never talked about prenatals
  • I got my folic acid in the vitamin aisle.  I didn't start taking prenatals with DS until I got a + pregnancy test.  Most ladies here will probably suggest to go ahead and take prenatal.  I know several women in my life that are not pregnant that take them all the time. 
    Married 2007
    DS - 5/2010
    DD - 6-2013
    TTC #3 - Cycle #9

• I'm shocked your doc didn't advise you to take them.  Folio acid is important very early after conception (in e first 4 weeks) I'm sure there are better links, but this gives you the gist:  https://www.webmd.com/baby/guide/prenatal-vitamins
  • I think im going to try folic acid;
  • I will look into it more
  • I would NOT reccomend it!  I bought into the hype after reading of SO many women who got pregnant by doing that...That even if you ovulate regularly it can help you produce better eggs.

So I gave it a shot.  I went from regular ovulation of 15-18 DPO....to not ovulating until cd 27!!!  Then I had a horrible period and then it took SIX months to regulate!  It took less time to regulate after going off the pill.

And there is my bad experience with Iso. 

• imageJessicaCorey2011:
    Can you take prenatals if your not pregnant?

Yes!  It's actually recommended by most doctors, since the positive effects (for pregnancy) need to build up in your system.  You don't need a Rx, although you can get one.  Many people here use OTC prenatals.

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• But as a further reference, I do take coq10, prenatal, and a b-complex vitamin.

Coq10 is for heart health but it can help you produce more viable eggs.  Prenatals because you need to have that folic acid in your system before you get pregnant, not after.  And the b-complex helps you produce a better uterine lining (plus its a natural way to get an energy boost) 

• I recommend getting prenatal vitamins and start taking them asap especially since you are TTC. I have been taking them for 2 years already. Good luck!
  • I will start taking them soon Thanks :)
  • You had a preconception appt and your doctor didn't mention prenatals? Hmm...
    Anniversary
    c Untitled
    My Ovulation Chart
    *TTC #1 since June 2012*
    Married since 10/5/12!

*Me: 25**DH: 45*

*DX: Severe MFI- Low T, Delayed Ejaculation & Azoospermia*
    *Working to improve DH's numbers on Clomid & HCG injects before we can start IVF*
    *SA 1- No sperm* 7/25/12
    *SA 2- No sperm* 10/31/12
  • yes but my appt was to get blood taking to make sure everything was okay
  • Have you been charting???
    Married 2007
    DS - 5/2010
    DD - 6-2013
    TTC #3 - Cycle #9

• Welcome and good luck to you!

I am taking prenatals right now, but that is it. When I run out of what I have, I am going to try a different brand, mine do not have DHA in them, and I would like some that have everything in one. Other than that I am not taking anything, and I have not heard of soy isoflavones.

BFP 1/30/13 EDD 10/6/13Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • yes i have been
  • One of the girls i work with was taking soy isoflavones and was drink red clover tea too help her get pregnant; & when i go get my prenatals what kind should i get?

• imageJessicaCorey2011:

One of the girls i work with was taking soy isoflavones and was drink red clover tea too help her get pregnant; & when i go get my prenatals what kind should i get?

i just take generic Target brand 

Husband and Wife 2010
    DD 12.2010
    TTC #2 Since Aug 2012
    DX PCOS 7.25.13
    Started Metformin 7.2013
    DH SA results 6.19.14 - Too few normal sperm
    8.13.14 - SURPRISE BFP - EDD 3/30/14 Based on LMP
    MMC 9/24/14, D&C 9/25/14 13w3d, Measured at 7w4d

3.14.15 BFP #3 - EDD 11/11/15 based on LMP
  • imageJessicaCorey2011:
    yes but my appt was to get blood taking to make sure everything was okay

So they drew a bunch of bloodwork but never suggested PNVs to you?
    I wouldn't recommend taking any supplements without speaking to your OB/GYN. For PNVs there are all sorts of brands out there so if you don't like one you can try something different. I've tried a couple and like VitaFusion gummies best. I highly recommend the Newbie Link at the top of the Trying to Get Pregnant page- I think it will answer a lot of your questions.
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"