Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Rock N' Play Sagging?

I have a question about the Rock N' Play. My girlfriend gave me hers to try out, and DD loves it. She used it for her daughter 2 years ago, and then her sister used it for her son about a year ago. Since it's been used, it's a little stretched out. Meaning that the pocket where DD's butt goes is pretty deep.

My cousin mentioned yesterday that it may not be safe and I should buy a new one. She said it's probably not designed for use with 3 kids and the angle that DD is on is different, since the fabric is stretched out. What do you all think?

Edit: stupid phone doesn't do ampersands apparently should be Rock AND Play.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Rock N' Play Sagging?

• Options
    I think its difficult to judge w/out being able to see it. I can't imagine it sagging very much. Compare yours to cross section photos of the rnp on amazon or fisher prices web site
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Scarlet Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The material it's made of would be awfully hard to stretch out, unless very heavy babies or toddlers were using it. Unlikely since it has a reasonably low weight limit. I would think it's probably fine, esp since most baby products like that can be used for multiple kids.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You can order a replacement "pad" (that's what they call the seat part) for $16 if you're concerned.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • Options
    put blankets underneath the cushion do he won't go in as deep or call and reorder.

Liam Dean | 09.11.12 | 6lbs 13oz

• Options
    Good suggestions - thank you! I had no idea you could order a new pad. I think it's fine for now, but maybe in a few weeks.

• Options

imageelainelbuck:
    You can order a replacement "pad" (that's what they call the seat part) for $16 if you're concerned.

Do you know where you can order it from? I just checked the FP website, eBay and Amazon...didn't see any. 

• Options
    imageMomtobeNJ:

imageelainelbuck:

Do you know where you can order it from? I just checked the FP website, eBay and Amazon...didn't see any. 

Fp website.  Use this link, find the one you have and when you click on it the available parts will show up.   https://store.mattel.com/Results.aspx?_prodNum=-1&Ntt=Rock&_secId=8713&TxnId=103&N=4294961686&_catId=139

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • Options
    imageelainelbuck:
    imageMomtobeNJ:

imageelainelbuck:

Fp website.  Use this link, find the one you have and when you click on it the available parts will show up.   https://store.mattel.com/Results.aspx?_prodNum=-1&Ntt=Rock&_secId=8713&TxnId=103&N=4294961686&_catId=139 

Thank you!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"