Success after IF
Options

Anyone conceive naturally after IVF?

I haven?t been on the boards in forever, b/c once we had DD I thought we would only have one. After 5 IUI?s and 1 IVF we had our little girl and she?s now 3. As I?m approaching 35 and she?s getting out of the baby phase, DH and I decided that it would be nice to have another if it happens. So, I went off BCP and we are putting it in God?s hands. We were unexplained when we did IVF, so I?m not sure if we have a chance at conceiving naturally or not. I?m curious if others have had success with being unexplained and then getting pg on their own after having to do IVF. Thanks!

Re: Anyone conceive naturally after IVF?

• Options
    We have leftover embryos, so currently we aren't even going to try on our own, but I've seen it happen (both on here and IRL!).  GL!

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Options

There are a few people who did - I know Marcuej, lollalillie (I think that is the right screen name) and Schmoodle just off the top of my head.  We did after having to do IUIs for #1.  

Lots of people have jumped ship and are now only on the facebook page, so if you don't get many replies, it is not because it hasn't happened!   

TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

After having our first with no medical help we experienced secondary infertility and ended up doing IVF to have our daughter.  My husband has 0% morph, low motility and borderline count and I am older (above 35) and am considered a poor responder with low AMH.   About seven months after I had my daughter we conceived naturally but that pregnancy ended in a miscarriage.  After that I got pregnant again while on clomid but just doing timed intercourse.  That pregnancy too ended in a miscarriage.  The next try was an IUI and resulted in our third child.

The big kicker is that here I am at age 40, pregnant, despite our using condoms to try and prevent.  We are beyond thrilled but just really amazed at how many different ways it's taken for us to get pregnant.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Options
    I know someone IRL that happened to.  Spend years trying to get pg with #2, and after they had her, they didn't bother with BC since they needed IVF to get pg.  Well, lo and behold, 15 months later #3 was born.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• Options
    We got pregnant the first cycle after DD who was conceived through IUI.  Since you are unexplained, it would seem possible for you to conceive naturally. GL!!

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    Us!  We were unexplained.  29 cycles for DS1 (7 iui's, 3 IVF's and 2 losses).  Started trying 6 wks pp and it took us 4 cycles.  I remember you!  Not many regulars left : (
    Our miracle IVF baby - D 6/09 & J - Surprise! born 9/10!!!
  • Options
    Lurking from 2IF....I was also diagonosed as unexplained when TTC#1. I had 5 m/c's and one failed IVF. I ended up getting pregnant with DS naturally 6 months after my failed ivf cycle. I was 34 at the time. Good Luck!
    After many years and tears our baby boy is finally here
    Born 11-6-10

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Yes. I was a tubal factor IF, did IVF in 2010 and a big surprise baby boy will be joining us in February.
    TTC #1 since August 2007, 3 failed IUI's, first IVF Jan 2010-bfp 1st beta on 01/29/2010 - 871 2nd beta on 2/1/10 -2,651 Twins! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

(lurking from PAIF)

::raising hand::

We are living proof it can happen. After 6 years of unexplained infertility, many failed IUI's, 2 failed IVF's & 2 failed FET cycles we finally decided to call it quits & settle into our lives child-free.

3 months after that decision I ended up pregnant on my own. Total shocker!!! Never thought I would ever be able to say this but I am now 21 weeks along!

It truly can happen...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

~*~ Our IF Journey~*~
    TTC for 5+ years
    2/09 - TI = BFP * 3/09 - M/C with D&C * 8/09 - C/P
    Jan - July '10 - Clomid/Follistim + IUI = all BFN
    Aug - IVF #1 - 3 embies transferred = BFN
    Mar - IVF #2 - 2 embies transferred & 4 frosties = BFN
    June - FET #1 * 2 embies transferred = BFP (C/P @ 5w4d)
    Sept - FET #2 * 2 embies transferred = BFP
    Nov - M/C & D&C at 10 weeks
    May - surprise BFP with no medical intervention
    Sept - 20 week US showed we're having a BOY!
    ~*~ EDD: 2/4/13 ~*~

*My IF Blog*

Our Bulldogs - Bubba & Millie
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thankfully we didn't get to IVF, however did IUI to get DD and were told that we would have to be more agressive our second time around b/c both of our retests showed things were even worse going into treatments again and boom ... pregnant on our own.  I have a beautiful baby boy who just turned 4 months old!    

*My Loves, My Life, My Littles*

02/18/11, 05/24/12 and 12/03/13

• Options
    I'm a total believer that natural conception is possible.
    DH an I did iui, ivf timed BDing everything for 8 years. Then stopped and 4 months later I was pregnant with my son. And now a year later I'm pregnant with number 2.
    I honestly now believe way more then before that stress of the situation can really affect the outcome and I never thought that before.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Baby #1 7/16/10
    Baby #2 11/14/12 
    Baby #3 12/11/14
    Baby #4  3/30/17
    Baby #5 2/28/19 
    Baby #6 Miscarriage
    Baby #7 7/3/22
    Naturally with PCOS

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards