1st Trimester
Options

Hand, foot, mouth

Is in my house : ( Both my girls (19mo and 3 yrs) have it. They look terrible! I called OB to make sure I'll be ok - he said I was fine.

Anyone have experience with the virus? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Hand, foot, mouth

• Options

Yes!!!n ugh.  You poor thing!

Aveeno baths help.  Ice pops.   Tylenol/ibuprofen.

Good luck! 

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

DD just kicked it a few weeks ago. She only had the spots in her mouth and nothing on her hands and feet. Since she had no appetite, her pedi told me to make sure she was hydrated and not to worry too much about her hardly eating. He also suggested a mix of Maloxx and children's Bendryl to 'numb' the throat since it causes a sore throat. (I didn't do this cause I didn't like the sound of it) Since it's highly contagious, I had to keep her home from DC for a few days til her fever broke. 

Hope your LO feels better soon

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

When DD had it she mostly just had the fever and sore throat and maybe  couple spots in her feet so no real appetite. Just have on hand lots of cold fruit (watermelon, etc. if they like it) Popsicles, juice, etc. Anything to keep them hydrated and feels good on the throat. My pedi sad don't even worry about meals if they aren't interested. Also have lots of Motrin or Tylenol on hand. Good luck! 

• Options
    I actually had this the month I got pregnant!!!! We almost didn't try because of it but my doc said I had had it long enough that it wasn't contagious. It's quite itchy and annoying. Poor kiddos. Hope they feel better soon
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We had it last May with our now 19 month old. We isolated her from other kids, stores etc.. for four days. We did go to the Pediatrician because she didn't want to eat. They gave us an oral medication that numbed her mouth so she could eat.  It cleared about two weeks later.
    2nd EDD 02/01/13 - MC 5 1/2 weeks 6/5/12. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"