November 2012 Moms
Options

Job not protected by FMLA in CA

I just found out yesterday that my job is only protected for the time my doctor writes me out on PDL and no more. If i take more time off they can give my job to someone else. Feeling pretty scared to have this child now. Wish they would have explained this when we first talked about my leave. I have only worked for them 8 months by the time baby is due so I understand. We dont have anyone to watch the baby and daycare is 300 a week here. Praying it will all be ok.

Re: Job not protected by FMLA in CA

• Options
    I've had a few friends have to go back after 6 weeks because they weren't with their company for a year before having LO. That's about what our daycare costs here in Philly. I'm sure you've done the math and it still makes sense to go back to work despite the cost of daycare, but if not, maybe that's something you could think about (if you have a desire or think you might have a desire to stay home.) I'm sorry, I hope it all works out. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Oh wow, that's terrible news!  I'm so sorry - you're right, it would have been way better if they'd have explained this to you in the first place so you could have planned it all out better.  Good luck to you honey, I hope it works out.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"