1st Trimester
Options

Insomnia

Anyone else?  What are you using to help?  Besides Benadryl...For some reason Bendryl makes me jittery instead of sleepy.... ugh

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Insomnia

• Options
    the last 4 days Ive had terrible insomnia. Ive been taking a warm bath to help. I can fall asleep easily sometimes but I wake up after 3 hours and cant fall back asleep. Then Im overly exhausted the rest of the day. Bedtime I will get to sleep easily but then the same thing happens again. Im trying to avoid taking anything for it, Im already on BP medicine I dont want to take any more meds if I can avoid it! Goodluck!!
    Married my very own GI Joe May 2002

BFP May 2002  NMC June 2002
    BFP September 2002 ID twins born April 2003 @ 35 weeks
    BFP September 2007 DD born May 2008
    BFP August 2012 MC October 2012
    BFP January 2012 DD October 2013

I MISS MY TICKER :(

• Options

I've been having trouble sleeping, & when I wake up in the wee hours of the morning, I stay up (usually because my mind is racing). I used to drink a TON of caffeine, so you'd think the sudden lack of it would make me tired!

I haven't taken anything for it. I'll usually try breathing & relaxation techniques that I've learned through yoga practice.

TTC#1 Oct 2010
    DS born May 2013
    TFAS Feb 2016
    EDD 07/29/2017
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wake up in the midnight of the night too and I cannot go back to sleep.  I am looking into yoga too, but geez I miss sleep.
  • Options
    My OB cleared and reccomended the unisom sleep tabs nightly for me to help with insomnia and nausea. Works great!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    same issue here.....i wake up at 4:30 in the morning on the dot like clockwork and then I lay awake for about an hour. I am not drinking caffeine either. Then I am too tired to get up and workout at my normal time so I decide to sleep in and then wake up too late to work out but too early to get ready for work. I am so over it. I asked the MD if it was normal to not be tired and he straight up said "no". Seems like it's quite common on here! So he put me on an additional progesterone dose before bed which helps me FALL asleep, but not stay asleep!
    BFP 9/1/12, EDD 5/11/13; heartbeat 9/24/12, heartbeat gone 10/2/12; D&E 10/5/12 Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I worked out yesterday and I slept longer last night than I have in a week! I am still bright and awake at 4am however. :/
              image image

• Options

I got the Unisom, so I will try that.  I hear Hyland Calme Forte (homeopathic) works well.  I need to get into some yoga ASAP.  Work has been really stressful, so I think some yoga would be good.  My mom told me to get some lavendar oil.  Something about the smell is supposed to be relaxing.  I will try anything at this point!

• Options
    So far I haven't had any problems going to bed around 10 or 11 and falling asleep, but I always always wake up around 3 am STARVING, like I haven't had a meal in days, so its very hard to fall back asleep when all I can think of is the food I want to it lol, but usually after a hour or so I'm able to relax again and get back to sleep.
  • Options

I like another pp would wake up at the same time every night. I would wake up at 2 am and not get back to sleep until at least 4. Pre pregnancy I took Ambien but I've given that up until at least 3rd Tri. have been taking Unisom this pregnancy and I took Simply Sleep last pregnancy. They both worked fine, but not like the good stuff (Ambien). 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"