April 2013 Moms

Possible FB annoucement

Hey all! haven't really been posting since my intro but have been lurking and am going to try to post more....

Anyway, I will be 12 weeks tomorrow and on Wednesday (fingers crossed) we are going to get to hear the heartbeat for the first time, we have already seen it on an ultrasound at 6 weeks but for some reason I still am paranoid (had a loss in early May). Alot of our close friends and family know but its not really FB public yet and I was thinking of doing an announcement like this from pinterest

https://pinterest.com/pin/42010208995313105/

my question is do you think the people on FB really even care or is this like a huge AW move... I know some other ladies have already posted about doing this so I know I am not the only one thinking of it but like I said a lot of close friends and family know so I am wondering if in my case its not appropriate.

Also, if I added my bump in the picture next to DS just like me from the bump down do you think that would be ok.

Thanks for any feedback :)

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Possible FB annoucement

• I think your idea is adorable.

I personally don't think that announcements make you an AW. I usually only side-eye people if they announce directly after a pregnancy test. But I think that is my PgAL brain wishing I could be that naive again.

Good luck coming out:) 

BFP #1: 5-14-2010, DD born 1-22-2011
    BFP #2: 4-20-2012, Natural MC 5-1-2012
    BFP #3: 7-19-2012, DS born 3-27-2013
    BFP #4: 9-13-2014, MMC discovered 10-27-14 at 10w, d&c on 11-6-14 

• We did kind of a funny announcement on FB (I made a meme of Ava with a silly face and the caption was, "Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy. But my parents just told me they're having a baby"). I say go for it. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • That pinterest pic is my friend's son!  Hahahaha.  Love how things like that circulate.  I would totally steal that idea if half of my friends hadn't already seen that exact picture already.

It's adorable!   You're excited and no one can take that from you.  It's your time to rejoice!  Enjoy it!  

I'm thinking of this for me (since ALL of my friends have stolen the most adorable ideas of including their children in the announcements, I have to do something slightly different): https://indulgy.com/post/kynSL2OkK1/my-blog-facebook-pregnancy-announcement-pickle

Congrats on making it to 12 weeks!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think thats a great idea! my family and friends live over seas so I think you just gave me the idea to do something like this too! Thanks! :) and I will post bump pictures on fb this time with this baby!
  • We just posted this past wed. because we heard the heartbeat. I posted the pic of DS that is in my siggy (see below) and i was also very hesitant but DH really wanted to. I am glad that we did even though our close family and friends already knew. We have extended family and friends spread out all over the U.S. and that was the best way to let everyone know. :)

GL and have fuN!

image   image
  • That is super cute and not AW at all. Ive been doing the week by week on FB(see sigi) and its totally not for attention. I would do it!
  • imageChicagoBroad26:
    We did kind of a funny announcement on FB (I made a meme of Ava with a silly face and the caption was, "Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy. But my parents just told me they're having a baby"). I say go for it. 

haha that is such a cute and different idea... love it!

• imagebabyalex124:

That pinterest pic is my friend's son!  Hahahaha.  Love how things like that circulate.  I would totally steal that idea if half of my friends hadn't already seen that exact picture already.

omg thats crazy that you know the little boy in the picture haha... and I think your idea is very cute too!

• imagebabyalex124:

That pinterest pic is my friend's son!  Hahahaha.  Love how things like that circulate.  I would totally steal that idea if half of my friends hadn't already seen that exact picture already.

omg thats crazy that you know the little boy in the picture haha... and I think your idea is very cute too!

• imageChicagoBroad26:
    We did kind of a funny announcement on FB (I made a meme of Ava with a silly face and the caption was, "Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy. But my parents just told me they're having a baby"). I say go for it. 

This adorable!

To OP: if you're excited and feel comfortable, post away!

We have told a few close friends and some family (next two weekends we tell the rest of the fam) at some point after that we will post on facebook. There are a bunch of people on facebook who we want to know but might not see to tell in person.

• I think that I personally worry too much about what people think of what I post on FB.  Go with your gut and do what you feel like.  I will announce on FB after I've told close friends and family and work. 
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't think you're being AW at all. The purpose of FB is to share what's going on with you. Some people can go overboard IMO, but that doesn't seem to be the case with you. I think your idea is adorable, I wish I could come up with something like that!
  • imageNandaB:
    I think that's a cute idea. And what is faceyspace for if not to AW ;o] You may not want to link to your pinterest [if that is yours] because it has your full name. I don't know if you care but I know many people, myself included, don't like to share that info here. I just didn't know if it occured to you.

oops... didnt even think about that... thanks  for the heads up, guess I should have just copied the picture.

• I think it's an adorable idea.  Go for it! We have the same due date! My NT scan is Friday, then we're posting on FB too. I don't think there's anything wrong with telling everyone on FB about your pregnancy.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Anniversary

BFP #1: 5/10/12; 5/22/12: pregnancy deemed not viable (probably CP)
    BFP #2: 8/2/12; Due date: 4/14/13, DD born 4/5/2013
    BFP #3: 11/2/14, Due date: 7/7/15
  • I think your idea is adorable!  We announced on FB today even though close friends and family already knew.  They were all sworn to secrecy because I was nervous about announcing too early and having something bad happen.  We've had a very positive response today and I'm excited to let the world know!  Go for it!  
    image BabyFetus Ticker
  • That is super cute! I see no problem!
    Married to Brandon since 2/14/06
    Twin Girls born on January 1st 2012:Brooklyn Avery(Brooke) & Eliana Meredith(Ellie)
    Ellie and Brooke both have Juvenile Diabetes
    Adopted a Brother and Sister in January of 2012
    Levi Ryan-October 25th 2007 and Caroline Paige(Carly)-July 23rd 2009
    Jonah Samuel born April 21st 2013
    Expecting Baby #6-June 2014!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"