Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

favoring one parent

My daughter has been super clingy lately.  She has always wanted me more then my husband since I am home with her but she would always let him read her a story and put her to bed now she throws a fit if I am not there.  I tried to sit on the floor and have DH read to her and she wouldn't sit with him.  The minute I do it she calms down.  This goes for pretty much everything like putting on her coat or getting in the car.  I hope this stage is over soon. 
Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: favoring one parent

• Options
    For your sake (and your DH's), I hope so too!  Unfortunately ours lasted about a year.  DD preferred me a lot.  DH could do nothing right.  Now, she loves doing stuff with him and tells him how much she loves him all the time.  Hang in there!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My 2 yr old has recently started to do this as well, which is tiresome since we're expecting another little one in 3 months!  He will literally freak out if his dad goes to pick him up in the morning from his crib.  He still plays with dad and has fun with him, so do get a bit of a break! 

One suggestion may be to just leave the house and leave the two of them alone.  Hopefully after a bit of fussing she'll be playing with daddy again.  Perhaps that will remind her that spending time with him is fun too. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My son use to be all about me...especially during the whole time I nursed him.  Once he got a bit bigger and daddy started playing a little rough with him.  Rolling all around on the floor, you know stuff that dads do with little boys.  Carter has been attatched to his hip.  He loves it, but does get frustrated at times b/c sometimes he only wants daddy to do things and not me.  It makes me sad...most of the time.  I know it is a phase and will pass.  I know he loves us both...he tells us :-)  I know it is normal to favor one parent though.  Normally happens as they grow too.  My brother and I always favored my mom, my dad worked a lot and he was more of the disciplined parent.  Momma would let things slide...and we knew it :-).  However...still love both of my parents to death!
    PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

• Options

DS has been all about daddy for probably, 6 months, or so.  He has no problem with me putting him down for naps during the week, but come bedtime or the weekend, its daddy all the time.  It was especially hard when my husband would have to work hard in putting DS down and when I would try to help, DS would scream "no! Daddy!" over and over!

It seems like things are slowly changing. For the past two nights DS has requested that I put him down for bed, and he seems to be favoring us both equally during play.  Hang in there! 

Oh, Baby Bean! We will always miss you! With us for 6w3d -- June 9, 2008.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    2 years of TTC, Seeing RE Feb 09, 2 medicated TI cycles - BFNs, 3 medicated IUIs - BFNs, back to medicated TI cycles until IVF approval, IVF approved in March 2010. BFP on last medicated TI cycle.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    my almost 2 yr old daughter favors me.  but she lets daddy play with her and he takes her to the playground, etc but for instance when he comes home from work I am like "daddys home" she could care less- and says no!  I hope she starts caring soon- it hurts his feelings! 
  • Options
    My DS went through a very strong Daddy favoring phase from about 2-3. I was also pregnant and had a baby during that time do daddy had to help out a lot and I think he decided that Daddy was his man. It is heartbreaking sometimes when he begged for Daddy and wont let me do anything for him. He is just starting to let me do things again and sometimes even asks for me instead. It's tough, but nice to know my kid isn't the only one!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"