High-Risk Pregnancy

Risks associated with 17P shots

Are you ladies aware of any risks to the baby with 17P shots? I haven't been able to find anything conclusive. I would appreciate any info or resources.

Re: Risks associated with 17P shots

• There aren't any that I can think or found evidence of for the baby. 17p shots are just extra hormones....something your body already produces in high amounts anyways. Now for us, there can be side effects and allergic reactions. 
  • I took the 17p shots with two pregnancies and have two healthy girls from it. We had PTL with out first and lost her at 23 5/7 weeks. Went on bedrest with my son and had him at 38 weeks. No bedrest no PTL with the last two pregnancies due to 17p. I am now 6 weeks prego again and will start the shots at 16 weeks. Not a fan of the shots but I love the no PTL. I do end up with a cerclage as well.

The risks of PTL is higer than taking the 17p. It is just progestrone your body makes in normaly as well. Mine just does not make enought = PTL.

Good luck

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks, I'll really don't care about side effects for me and would walk through fire everyday if it meant I could have a healthy, full term baby. I am going to keep looking too. I am six weeks also with my second pregnancy. My last ending at 25 weeks with no conclusive reason.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"