January 2013 Moms

frustrating daycare search - updated :-)

We saw our 4th daycare today.  It was rated with the highest rating our state gives.

I was so disappointed.  We were able to walk where the infants crawl with our shoes on.  They didn't require us to wash our hands or purrell before goig tinto the rooms.  The toddlers and above were sleeping on the floor in sleeping bags and we had to  step over them to see some of the rooms. 

ugh vent over....

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: frustrating daycare search - updated :-)

• I haven't had to yet wash my hands before entering an infant room when touring daycares. Although, would you make everyone wash their hands before entering your house? I just thought the handwashing was before picking up a baby? I did see employees wash their hands inbetween picking up the babies as well.

I have seen some pretty crummy ones. And some really great ones.

We have 2 more to check out next week before we decide. One is another center and the other is a home provider. So we will see..

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I currently run an in-home daycare but previously, I was the director at a daycare center.

I'm not surprised that they didn't request you wash your hands. That's only necessary if you are going to be holding a baby. 

However, I'm surprised they allowed you in the infant crawl area with your shoes on. Also, in my state it's against licensing rules for kids to sleep on the floor--even in sleeping bags. They must be on a cot or in a bed. 

Sorry you are having a hard time finding something. It's tough... I know the frustrations and have heard some crazy stories from talking to the parents who have placed their kids in my center/home. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Good News!!! 

We had eliminated one of the daycares because of the hours were not going to be suitable for us.  (they had an 8.5 and 9 hr option and we needed 10) We loved it, but it just wasn't going to work.  Just spoke to one of my friends who has her son there and she told me to talk to them.  We are able to buy up hours to make it work for us. We will be waitlisted and have a 2nd choice.. but all is well!!!!!

I am so excited!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • That's great! Just curious whereabouts you live? I'm in South Jersey.  We haven't even begun to look at day cares yet...I feel like I'm behind!!
  • It's so nice to have that settled isn't it??? :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"