Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Newborn Eating Smaller Amounts and More Frequently

My LO is 11 days old and was eating about 2 to 2 1/2 oz every 2 - 3 hours and then sleeping when she wasn't eating. Since two nights ago, she switched her schedule to eating 1 oz, sleeping for an hour and then waking up to eat another oz. I much more preferred the 2 oz and 2 hour routine, but is this normal? I have tried making her eat more, but she just spits it out and falls asleep. Please tell me this won't last too much longer as I am quickly becoming an unpleasant person. The neighbor kid was looking over the fence at my dogs which made them bark, so I let them back in. When I opened the door, he yells out "Good Morning!" and I just slammed the door...there is no such thing as a good morning when you have a newborn - stop looking at my dogs...
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Newborn Eating Smaller Amounts and More Frequently

• The end of this made me giggle. Hugs to you. I can't tell how much LO eats since she's EBF but the first two weeks were extemely hard it seemed as if she was ALWAYS eating. Always. Now just even at 3.5 weeks its a lot better. Hang in there. Hope you get some rest soon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My son went through the same thing. At about two and a half to three weeks he went back to eating a few ounces every 2-3 hours. Hopefully it gets better for you soon!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • it could be a growth spurt, that happens frequently this first year, and they tend to cluster feed.  My LO did the same thing, and it can be frustrating especially if youre breast feeding.  Give it a week, as long as your LO is gaining weight and having the normal amount of wet diapers, she should be fine.  But if you're concerned, call your pedi...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"