2nd Trimester

Oh Advil how I miss you

I have had this TERRIBLE tension head ache ALL DAY, I have tried everything I can to make it stop...NOTHING is working. Had tylenol, sat in dark room with the lights off and my eyes closed, took a nap, had dh massage where the headache is starting from, had some caffeine. And its still... here it is holding strong. I used to get these headaches every now and then before being pregnant and popping an advil would magically make them disappear. And now that I  can't take advil I am getting them once maybe twice a week. I'll take any advice you have to offer but really I just needed to rant.
June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
BFP#2 7/28/13 EDD 4/9/14 Birthday : 4/10/14 Adalyn Nanette :)
BFP#1 6/29/12 LTMC 10/20/12 (20 weeks) induced delivery 10/22/12
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Oh Advil how I miss you

• I so feel your pain! Honestly I could take a tic tac or a Tylenol with the same effect....nothing!

Hope you get some relief soon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • me too! sitting here now with DH rubbing my neck!  Do you by any chance grind your teeth or clench your jaw at night? If so a night guard can really help.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagesparty0168:
    I so feel your pain! Honestly I could take a tic tac or a Tylenol with the same effect....nothing! Hope you get some relief soon.

I alway say that samy thign about tylenol / tic tacs -- and zantac. 

I'm so sorry about your headache.  I'm a frequent headche sufferer as well.  Sudafed has helped lately..  Or try a warm compress, as it relaxes muscles that cause tension.

Hang in there... I miss my excedrin like nobody's bizzness!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Oh how I can relate to this.  My constant 2 week headache finally went away recently, and it was a gift from heaven.  I had cut out my morning coffee and had figured that was to blame, but after allowing myself to have my cup in the morning, I still had no relief.  Sadly the only thing that worked for me was time.  I hope it goes away much more quickly for you!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Seriously. Tylenol is the least useful drug ever. :
    June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I hear ya.  Tylenol hasn't touched today's headache, and normally doesn't work very fast when it does work.  I'm seriously hoping sleep will help get rid of it. 
  • imageJSS1002:

imagesparty0168:
    I so feel your pain! Honestly I could take a tic tac or a Tylenol with the same effect....nothing! Hope you get some relief soon.

I'm so sorry about your headache.  I'm a frequent headche sufferer as well.  Sudafed has helped lately..  Or try a warm compress, as it relaxes muscles that cause tension.

Omg sudafed worked! Never would have thought to try. Thanks!
    June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    Pregnancy Ticker

• imagesnmetz7:
    imageJSS1002:

imagesparty0168:

I feel your pain, I terribly miss my migraine meds.

I wouldn't have thought about sudafed- will have to keep that in mind for next time. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemseeyore6380:
    imagesnmetz7:
    imageJSS1002:

imagesparty0168:

I feel your pain, I terribly miss my migraine meds.

I wouldn't have thought about sudafed- will have to keep that in mind for next time. 

Jury is still out on Sudafed so be careful using it.  A lot of doctors will tell you it's not allowed during pregnancy.  A quick google search shows that for a long time it was thought to be safe so doctors allowed pregnant women to take it, but more recent studies show that the risk can outweigh the benefit...just a head's up...

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Oh I'm so glad it worked for you -- but sorry if I gave bad advice.  My doctor okay'd it, and it was on the list of safe meds that the office mailed me right away when I got pregnant. 

I get visual migraines a few times a year and haven't been able to take my meds for those either (maxalt), which has been a huge bummer.  Just gotta wait it out.

I was taking progesterone through the entire first tri and I'm hopeful that now that I'm off it, the headaches will lessen.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Tylenol sucks. End of story.
  • Yeah, tylenol pretty much sucks a big one. 

I've had some really bad migraines this pregnancy and I miss my Excedrin Migraine. 

I would take a tylenol, drink a coke or something caffeinated, take a hot shower, put a cold ice pack on my head and lay in a dark room and it would ease the pain.

GL! 

Anniversary

• Same here!  Hate Tylenol!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageJSS1002:

Oh I'm so glad it worked for you -- but sorry if I gave bad advice.  My doctor okay'd it, and it was on the list of safe meds that the office mailed me right away when I got pregnant. 

I get visual migraines a few times a year and haven't been able to take my meds for those either (maxalt), which has been a huge bummer.  Just gotta wait it out.

I was taking progesterone through the entire first tri and I'm hopeful that now that I'm off it, the headaches will lessen.

I didnt take it blindly just cuz you said lol but I did run and check my list of ok'd drugs and lo and behold my dr ok'd it. While I wont rely on it, it was well worth the releif after my 12 hr headache. My dr also gave me a muscle relaxer yesterday very low dose if I have another marathon headache.  

June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"