Babies: 0 - 3 Months

xp: loose poop

My baby girl has been having really loose poop since yesterday afternoon/early evening. She isn't going more than normal but it's very runny unlike what it normally is. She isn't acting sick. 

Could something in my breastmilk cause this? She gets some breastmilk but mostly formula. The loose poop started shortly after i breastfed her yesterday. How long would it last if it's from my breastmilk? Worth calling my pediatrician? I have her 2 week check up on Tuesday.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: xp: loose poop

• Breastmilk poops are pretty liquidy, so that sounds normal to me.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Even if she's had formula since the breastmilk? It also smells a lot worse.
  • Loading the player...
  • I give DS  1-2 bottle of breastmilk per day and the poops for about 5 hours later is always more liquidy and a bit more explosive.   I try to give her those bottle first thing in the morning to make sure the poops later in the day and night are a little more manageable!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageCCE126:
    Even if she's had formula since the breastmilk? It also smells a lot worse.

Still sounds pretty normal. I would still bring it up with the pedi though just to ease your mind.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks! I ended up calling the pedi because I thought she felt warm too. He basically said that babies poop changes all the time and I shouldn't expect a "normal." So I feel a little better. Hopefully she isn't sick so now I'm just monitoring her temperature to make sure it doesn't reach fever level.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"