May 2012 Moms
Options

Need help- Mother's Milk or Fenugreek users

My already poor milk supply is dropping rapidly.  It was horrible with DS2 also.  At this point, I just try to get in 2 good BF sessions  - early morning and when he gets home.  Then I pump 2 times a day as well.  Then I supplement the rest with formula.  It has been working out great until this past week.  

I used dom perignon with DS2, which is out of the question for DS3.  I swore that when my milk supply dropped this time that I would quit but I am just not ready to give it up.  I like the snuggle time we get when I BF and I actually look forward to the 2 times a day.  I was thinking about using Mother's Milk or Fenugreek and noticed that some of you are using both?  Any suggestions on what I should use - one or both? How often, how much,etc?  Where do you buy it? Any other suggestions in general?

*** William Abner 8/25/2008 24w3d *** Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Need help- Mother's Milk or Fenugreek users

• Options

imagetheresat858:
    I haven't used fenugreek but I buy the mother's milk tea at Target.  I don't drink as much as it says but even one cup a day seems to give me a supply boost.

Thanks - just hoping to at least keep my current supply. Do you know if you have to do the tea or are there also pills with the same stuff in it?  I am not a tea drinker.  Just water and my morning cup of coffee. I can do it if it will help but was just curious.  Also, where in Target. Thanks again!

*** William Abner 8/25/2008 24w3d *** Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    More than any of that nursing or pumping more will help your supply the most. With only four times a day it's no wonder your supply is dropping, at this point about 8 times a day is more normal. I'm not saying the tea won't help but adding another feeding or pumping before bed will help trigger your body to make more milk.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagebellelamb:
    More than any of that nursing or pumping more will help your supply the most. With only four times a day it's no wonder your supply is dropping, at this point about 8 times a day is more normal. I'm not saying the tea won't help but adding another feeding or pumping before bed will help trigger your body to make more milk.

Thanks for the advice. Let me also add that I am not looking to have a full supply - I just want to be able to keep the current supply that I get right now that allows me to BF him 2 times a day. I have been doing 4 sessions since I returned to work in August and it has been working out great.  I don't have any ability to add any more pumping at night but will see if I can add one more to the work day. 

• Options
    All I do is eat oatmeal and I can tell a difference when I don't have any. Also, lactation cookies aren't bad.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options

imagekgauntt:
    All I do is eat oatmeal and I can tell a difference when I don't have any. Also, lactation cookies aren't bad.

Oatmeal has been my daily breakfast these days tooSmile

• Options

imagekgauntt:

• Options

imagekgauntt:

• Options

I love fenugreek. I tried mother's milk capsules and they were more expensive and didn't work any better then Fenugreek. Make sure to drink tons of water too, that helps a ton!

• Options
    I use both and I get both from our local Wal-mart. I drink three cups of the tea a day and take 3 pills of Fenugreek 3 times per day. It works great for me.
  • Options
    I use fenugreek and I only pump three times a day for an hour and I have a freezer full of milk, plus bottles in the fridge. I purchase fenugreek from amazon for about $8 a bottle and I take four pills a day, two at breakfast and two at dinner. 
    Life is a journey, not a destination BabyFetus Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Thank you for all of the great advice!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"