August 2011 Moms
Options

Unexpected

I was diagnosed with endometriosis officially when I was 17. I am have pretty much always had issues as well as pain. Plus I was told it would be hard to had kids and that it may not even be a possibility. Clearly being part of this board, I was able to have a successful preganacy after have a laparoscopy to clean me out before trying to conceive. Well my son is now 13 months and I have been having pain but didn't think anything of it. I finally went to the dr and here I am again needing to have another laparoscopy and was told maybe lupron may be needed...which is pretty much injections to trick your body into menopause.    I feel like such a curve ball has hit me...I want more children. We planned to TTC mid to late 2013. So here I am with surgery scheduled for the 10th to have my endometriosis, adhesons, growth, etc. removed and cleaned up in order for less pain and to maybe begin the Lupron.   I am looking for any input for experiences or help in respect to endometrioss and Lupron.

Just frustrating when I get the pitty trip from my Dr because of having so many issues so young and actually having a diagnosis of endometriosis prior to my 20s. I am optomistic and also so grateful to have our blessing, my son. Just hesitant of the Lupron plus the laparoscopy becaue I have had reactions to anesthia in the past.

Re: Unexpected

• Options
    I can't offer advice or experience but I'd like to say I'm sorry and I'm throwing T&Ps your way.
  • Options

I'm afraid I have no advice to offer either, but if you ever need to talk, I'm here.

::hugs:: 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    From what I've been told the best thing for Endometriosis is to get KU. Reason being is that endo gets worse with every period, so most docs will prescribe the Seasonique or other BC that will only let you have AF every quarter. Less periods, less lining that builds up, less chance for adhesions, etc. Is there any way that after this surgery you all could start TTC earlier? Or maybe suggest an oral pill that keeps you from having periods (technically there is no medical reason to have a period while on the pill and girls just need that monthly "reminder" so they work it in, could you maybe get a 4 times a year pill and then just skip the period week? Therefor not having periods at all?). I know that Mirena is usually not suggested because of the uterine issues anyways. I'm not a doctor but those are some things that you may talk with them about if you haven't already. HTH
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

This is not to deter you in ANY WAY whatsoever, but I know two people who have had Lupron. One had an absolutely horrifying experience. The other gained 75 pounds but says her pain was unmanageable prior to the Lupron and without it she is miserable so she takes the weight. There is a blog I read where a woman had a bad experience (I can give it to you in a PM) and in it she made a joke (of sorts) saying, "Google "Lupron is evil" " or something to that affect and a bunch of stuff comes up. But, like I said, the one friend is soooooo thankful for it, side effects and all. It had improved her life drastically, so there is that. 

This is devestating news. I would vote for the laparascopy and try to avoid the Lupron (or anything else, for that matter) as long as you can and maybe try to conceive earlier.  Big hugs!

imageimage
  • Options
    Thank you,ladies. I am trying to avoid the Lupron if possible and will be getting a second opinion.--as we have tried various birth control methods, doses, etc. TTC may be pushed up a little earlier depending on what my surgery shows. We planned end of 2013 because I start my clinical rotation Jan 2014,just one semester. I just want to finish my degree and have some more qt with my son. Financially and job wise for us both, we are ready though. Just so emotional that I don't want to decide on what to do just yet.      Everything happens for a reason....all in all I am just sooooo blessed to have had my son :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"