Multiples

27w appt, question about cervical length

Okay, so my 27w appt was really good, i think. My cervix was measuring 3.4, and I thought that was really good until I googled and read that under 3 is a reason for concern? Because she hasn't measured it before now, I'm not sure it it's changed from something longer at this point. My next appt with her isn't for a month, but I AM going to ask my OB's sonographer to measure it again in two weeks and call the MFM to have them measuring it at every appt. My MFM looked at me like I was crazy when I asked her about it. I mean, I understand that the next time I see her I'll be at 31w, so maybe she figures that from here on out we're just expecting change anyway? 

The boys are measuring 2lbs 2oz at 26w5d and their HBs are 145.  She said it's pretty rare that they measure exactly the same at more than one appt, so I thought that was pretty funny. I thought Baby B turned breech last night while I was laying down, and she confirmed it today. I KNEW that was a butt last night!

imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: 27w appt, question about cervical length

• 3.4 is really good - I think you should relax! I'm pretty sure that the typical cut-off (where most docs would start getting concerned and ordering bed rest) is 2.5cm. The other thing to keep in mind is that your cervical length matters less the further along you are. My MFM does not measure cervical length at all after 28 weeks because research shows that it is not predictive of preterm labor after that point. 

At 26 weeks, my cervix was 2cm, and my MFM was only mildly concerned. He told me to stop unnecessary activity, but I have continued to work and have so far managed to avoid bed rest. (I also have a prior full-term pregnancy so I'm sure that played into his calculations as well).

TTC #2 since July 2010
    FSH = 11 (20 on day 10 of CCCT)/ AMH = .98 / AFC=12ish
    5 IUI's with oral meds = all BFN
    March 2012 IVF (MDL Protocol) Started stims 3/3; ER 3/11 (9R, 8M, 7F) ET 3/16 (5dt of 2 blasts graded 3AB and 3BA, 3 frosties(!!) Beta 3/26 = 386; Beta 3/28 = 827; u/s 4/11 says TWINS! Boy/Girl Twins delivered at 36 weeks 6 days

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Excellent, thanks! Just what I wanted to hear! 
    imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • 3.4 at 27 weeks is great!!   Mine was measured a lot but I have a history of preterm labor with my first two singletons. Mine was down to just over 1cm and I was "funneling" at 26 weeks, so you are doing fabulous!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers  image

Lilypie - (9CKY)Lilypie - (xzY1)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"