February 2012 Moms

LO's Joints Cracking?

Is anyone noticing this? DD's knees, ankles, shoulders - everything cracks when I move her around on my lap or pick her up. I can't stand when people crack their knuckles so this is driving me nuts! Plus I feel like I'm hurting her - even though she shows no pain. Is this normal???
                Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - (K6Db)

imageimageimage

TTC #2 since 10/2013

BFP #1 (4.14.14) ~ CP (4.18.14)

BFP #2 (6.27.14) ~ EDD 3.7.15

Re: LO's Joints Cracking?

• Ethan's wrist do it sometimes especially now that I pull him up into a standing position. I once had a college professor, who had also worked as a chiropractor, that said when we hear popping and cracking in our joints that it's just air between the joints and harmless. I would think it is normal.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • One of DD's knees cracks all the time. She never shows any signs of pain or discomfort. It happened at the peds office once and her doctor said it was fine.
  • Loading the player...
  • Their arms do it sometimes when I pull them up or they pull upon something high. It's never worried me, but mine crack a lot so I'm used to the sound.
  • Yes. I notice it mostly in his shoulders, although occasionally in his wrists and other joints. I always assumed it was normal until my mom (who raised four kids) mentioned it. She just said she couldn't remember if we did it or not, but it made me want to look into it. From what I can gather from Ye Olde Internets, most people who brought it up with their pediatrician were told it's completely normal. Supposedly babies' joints are more loose and thus more prone to popping? Of course there were a few "OMG I AM A DOCTOR/CHIRO/MEDICINE MAN AND THAT IS NOOOOT NORMAL YOU NEED TO HAVE YOUR KID SEEN IMMEDIATELY OR RISK A LIFE OF FOREVER DISABILITY," buuuut I'm gonna go with, it's totally normal.
  • My daughters feet and knees do the most! It always makes me nervous and we are careful with her.... At least we aren't alone.

BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"