February 2012 Moms

How many puffs are too many?

Little Man could eat Happy Baby puffs all day long. His formula and solids intake are normal but he just loves those little puffs. They're low in sugar and all organic ingredients. A serving size is 75 pieces and he doesn't eat anywhere near that in a day, although he would if I let him!

They're great for entertaining him while I get chores and such done but I hate to start the habit of feeding him as entertainment. But he just loves them so much!

So how much is too much?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How many puffs are too many?

• I'm wondering the same thing.
  • My guess - 76 lol! DD is still getting used to them, so we only eat about 4 (a lot get tossed or smushed into her hand. So I think for now I'm only going to give a handful. Maybe 2 or 3 handfuls a day?
                    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - (K6Db)

imageimageimage

TTC #2 since 10/2013

BFP #1 (4.14.14) ~ CP (4.18.14)

BFP #2 (6.27.14) ~ EDD 3.7.15

• Loading the player...
  • I feel like puffs are basically air! I think of them more as pincher grasp practice than nutrition! Maybe don't worry too much about the quantity and focus more on making them part of a regular "snack time" so he doesn't associate food with entertainment? Then you have a built in part of the day where you know for sure you'll be able to get some things done!
    11 months old! #andintoeverything
  • imagecheese.fiend:
    I feel like puffs are basically air! I think of them more as pincher grasp practice than nutrition! Maybe don't worry too much about the quantity and focus more on making them part of a regular "snack time" so he doesn't associate food with entertainment? Then you have a built in part of the day where you know for sure you'll be able to get some things done!

That's a good idea! Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"