Military Families

Allotments

I set up an allotment to go to my Wells Fargo account. My paycheck hit my USAA account today but my allotments are not in my wells fargo account. Is this normal? How soon should I expect my allotments to be in my account? Anyone else go through this as well?

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Allotments

• Here is what I have learned about allotments from doing it while renting the house.  It usually can take up to 2 weeks to take effect after you set it up.  I believe you can check on myPay when the allotment will go into effect.

When we did it we set it up to take X amount once a month that meant that it would take 1/2 from the 1st pay check and 1/2 from the 2nd pay check but it wouldn't deposit the whole amount into the account until the next month's 1st pay check.  I hope that makes sense.  It confused me and our landlords and I had to have the housing department explain it to me.

I am not sure if there is a delay on when it will be deposited I just know it took us by surprise when we didn't get a deposit from the allotment every two weeks but there was a with drawl every 2 weeks.

Trying To Conceive since November 2009
    Dx: PCOS and MFI
    IUI#1-4 all BFN
    IVF#1 January (4R, 4M, 1F) BFP
    Colt was born on 10/27 at 11:50pm. 6lbs and 19 1/4"
    Surpise! Baby #2 is on it's way.  EDD 9.18.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagehunterjumper102:

Here is what I have learned about allotments from doing it while renting the house.  It usually can take up to 2 weeks to take effect after you set it up.  I believe you can check on myPay when the allotment will go into effect.

When we did it we set it up to take X amount once a month that meant that it would take 1/2 from the 1st pay check and 1/2 from the 2nd pay check but it wouldn't deposit the whole amount into the account until the next month's 1st pay check.  I hope that makes sense.  It confused me and our landlords and I had to have the housing department explain it to me.

I am not sure if there is a delay on when it will be deposited I just know it took us by surprise when we didn't get a deposit from the allotment every two weeks but there was a with drawl every 2 weeks.

The whole amount was missing from the paycheck TODAY so I really hope it doesnt take until the next payperiod to see it. This allotment is for our mortgage so that could hurt us.

• Loading the player...
  • The military doesn't get paid until the 1st and the 15th. USAA allows you to access the $$ one business day early as a courtesy, but technically you haven't been paid yet. Wells Fargo doesn't extend that courtesy. That's why the allotment hasn't shown up in your WF account. It should show up on Monday, October 1st, when the military is actually paid.
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary
  • imagenursemullinax:
    The military doesn't get paid until the 1st and the 15th. USAA allows you to access the one business day early as a courtesy, but technically you haven't been paid yet. Wells Fargo doesn't extend that courtesy. That's why the allotment hasn't shown up in your WF account. It should show up on Monday, October 1st, when the military is actually paid.

Thank you for the explanation!

• imagenursemullinax:
    The military doesn't get paid until the 1st and the 15th. USAA allows you to access the one business day early as a courtesy, but technically you haven't been paid yet. Wells Fargo doesn't extend that courtesy. That's why the allotment hasn't shown up in your WF account. It should show up on Monday, October 1st, when the military is actually paid.

Thank you for the explanation!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"