Success after IF

Its over, right? Help needed for former SAIF'er

Ok, we got somewhat of a surprise BFP last week and were so excited. I went for a blood draw last week and the number was "low" but they didn't tell me the number. All last weekend and beginning of this week, I had all symptoms, and then they started to go away and some spotting led to full on bleeding/cramping yesterday. Beta from yesterday showed a 168 (I would have been only 5 weeks), and doctor said not even to come in for a u/s since thats so low combined with the bleeding. Something in me won't process that this is over. I've never miscarried before, just had trouble getting pregnant. Is there any hope at all, or should I start realizing its over. Does anyone have any stories that were positive?

Thanks! 

Re: Its over, right? Help needed for former SAIF'er

• My betas are in my siggy. I'm 7w.

The only way you will know is by confirming it with lowering numbers.

I'm sorry that you are going through this.
    Diagnosis - MIF - FUIF!
    #1 12R, 7M, 5F - 2- 3dt BFN - 1 totsicle became our DD.
    TTC#2 since 1/12
    IVF #2 - 10R, 6M, 5F - 1 5dt of a morula= BFN none to freeze.
    IVF #3 (blegh) Long Lupron Protocol
    ER 8/23 12R, 7M, 2F - 2 beautiful 3d 8/26
    +HPT 9/3 beta #1 9/10= 78.5 #2 9/12 = 136 #3 9/14 319 #4 9/17 890 #5 9/21 2119
    Little B is where he needs to be. HB 9/24. no HB 10/3. Missed m/c @ 8w. D&C 10/5 :(
    IVF #4 - Antagonist Protocol
    ER - 17R, 14M, 9F - 1 beautiful blast 12/13 (Our anniversary), 3 more FROZEN!! WOO HOO!
    +HPT 12/17 beta #1 12/27 = 1654 (um hells to the yeah), beta #2 12/31 = 6994, 1st u/s= 1/8 (fingers firmly crossed) = HB 125. You rock little one.
    Please, Please Stick. Mommy, Daddy and Big Sis love you so much.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Our Totsicle is getting so big!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Very sorry you're going through this. It feels very unfair, I know.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I would say that the low beta combined with the bleeding and cramping isn't good. But SweetyPy is right. A decreasing beta would tell you for sure. I am so sorry hon. (((((hugs)))))
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • I've not had a m/c, but I'm sorry your dr is being so dismissive.  It seems to me like s/he would want to confirm what is going on either way with either continued betas or an u/s. I think you should demand to be seen to determine what is going on with your pregnancy.

GL!

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I don't have any helpful experience to share, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry that you are going through this :(
    imageBabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Your doctor is right that you wouldn't see anything on an u/s with a beta of 168 but I'm sorry he was so dismissive about it. If you arent already scheduled to go in for another beta I would call and ask for one. I'm so sorry you are going through this hugs
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"