Cloth Diapering
Options

thinking of trying CD

So I have a ton of questions about CD since I know NO ONE who CD. However it seems not as bad as I had originally thought. After watching the cloth dipering 101 video it seems much more possible than it did before...Anyway after watching the videos it seems I might prefer the pocket diapers over all the others so here are my questions...

What type of CD do you prefer?

What brand CD do you prefer?

Where do you buy/get your CD from? I have a buy buy baby around me, they only had bum genius diapers and a few prefolded diapers and a couple of doublers. It's a drive to my nearest babiesrus store and I'm not sure what all they have yet(I've only just started thinking of CD)

Any other helpful hints/suggestions?

IAmPregnant Ticker}

Re: thinking of trying CD

• Options

Welcome! Cloth is awesome - good for you for considering it. You're in the right place. I lurked here for weeks while building up my stash. To answer your questions:

1) I like pockets and PFs/covers. Pockets for customizable absorbency. Prefolds because they are so absorbent and easy to launder. (When DD was a newborn I liked PFs/covers and fitteds/covers).

2) For pockets, BumGenius, Swaddlebees and Kawaii. For prefolds, Green Mountain. For covers, Thirsties and Bummis. (For newborn fitteds, I used Kissaluvs Size 0).

3) Online mostly and a few off craigslist. I have never bought a cloth diaper in a store since the one store near my house has the worst.selection.ever. Based on what's listed 'not sold in stores' on the BRU website, I wouldn't go out of my way to a BRU for cloth diapers. As far as specific sites, for used (and some new) diapers I get them from eBay and Spots Corner. For new I've purchased from Jack Be Natural and Cotton Babies.

Good luck with your research and ask more questions as you have them.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

1.  I use prefolds and covers.  I did have some fitteds but I found that MH and I really prefer prefolds.  The fitteds were great for overnight, but DD slept 12 hrs at night and the ammonia stink in the AM was terrible so we use 1 sposie at night. 

2.  The prefolds I have (and I really like) are Imagine SmartFit Prefolds.  They have become increasingly popular and are therefor harder to find available.  They work really well and are quite a bit cheaper than the Green Mountain prefolds.  Newborn covers that I used and liked were the Rumparooz Newborn, Thirties Duos Size 1, and a Thirsties cover (size small or XS).  My OS covers are Imagine covers, Flips, and a Blueberry.  I like them all.

3.  I bought all of mine online (except a few fitteds on craigslist).  I use nickisdiapers and jilliansdrawers and am a returning customer to both sites.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I just started to CD. I prefer pocket diapers due to how customizable they are for absorbancy. I would have tried AIO's, but I didn't like the idea of extended dry time since I love to air dry my laundry.

So far I've only tried FuzziBunz Elite and KaWaii Snaps diapers. I love them both. The Kawaiis do better overnight for DD.

I bought the FuzziBunz from a local shop, and the Kawaiis from a mom who sells them out of her home. If you don't have any local stores, check online. Most of the retailers I've found offer discounts for purchasing a larger number of diapers, or offer flat rate/free shipping over a certain $ amount.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

1) I prefer AIOs. We tried pockets and I hated stuffing them. (We do have some Flips, but those don't involve stuffing, so I don't mind them as much.) I also tried fitteds/covers when they were newborns but I didn't like how the whole thing gets soaked - probably the babies didn't mind it, but I did.  

2) We live near a Cotton Babies store (makers of BumGenius), so we have pretty much all BumGenius - mostly Freetimes, 4 or 5 of the organic AIOs (I forget the name), and some Flips. I have one Tots Bots Easy Fit and I love it and would have bought more of those if I could have found them in snaps. I've been VERY happy with our diapers - we dry them in the dryer (for shame ;)) and they still look and act like new. No leaks, babies seem comfortable, easy to use and launder, very well-constructed.

I think most people buy them online. Did you check to see if the brands you want have nearby retailers? Here is the list for BumGenius - mostly green/upscale baby shops - there may be one by you. 

https://www.bumgenius.com/retailers.php#usa 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

What type of CD do you prefer? I prefer prefolds and covers. They are the cheapest kind of cloth diapers. They absorb really well and I have not had any problems with it. I have a few pockets that I also like but they are a bit pricier than the prefolds.

What brand CD do you prefer? Most of my prefolds and covers are from Econobum. I got 12 prefolds and 3 covers for $50. Great deal. I also have other prefolds from GMD which are also good. As far as pockets, the brands I have are Blueberry, Bumgeniuos and Kawaii. The Blueberry one is my favorite but also expensive(I believe it was $20)

Where do you buy/get your CD from? I bought The Econobum at Diapers.com. The rest I got from various websites.

Here are my favorite cloth diaper websites:

www.jilliansdrawers.com

www.nickisdiapers.com

www.kellyscloset.com

www.cottonbabies.com

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    1,2. I have only bum genius 4.0 snaps

3. I got them from the cotton babies website when they had a sale. .
    I make cute babies.

IMG_0872

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"