Multiples

Not really a reality?!

Hello all, I am new here....A little bit of history, I am a divorced mom to 2 girls ages 9 and 7. Met the love of my life before my divorce was even final and new he was the one I was SUPPOSED to be with.  About 9 months into our relationship, discovered that we were pregnant.  Our son, Jayden, was born 2/9/12.  We decided to get engaged, bought my wedding dress and two weeks later, found out that we were expecting again.  A bit of a shock.  Six weeks later, found out we were having twins. Their due date is the same as my sons...2/24/13.

At the moment, I am planning a wedding, taking care of a sweet small boy and trying to stay on top of school things with my girls.  YIKES!  Our wedding is set for October 27.  

Anyway, I have still not been able to totally wrap my head around the fact that there are two.  Other than the fact that I am the size of a planet!  I have had 3 c-sections and this will be #4.  At that point, I am getting my tubes tied since we seem to have no problem getting pregnant.  I don't think that my body or my house can handle any more cute little kidlets.

I am wondering how any people have been put on bed rest, at what point twins were born all those normal twin questions.

I look forward to learning a little more about this adventure!

Re: Not really a reality?!

• Just wanted to say congrats! What an exciting time :) I love a happy ending, and it seems you are getting one!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Congrats! What a crazy story. :) There's a link at the top of the board with FAQs and polls that will help answer some of your questions. As for myself, I was put on bed rest at 23 weeks for preterm labor. Still holding on at 30 weeks! 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats and welcome ! I delivered at 37 weeks my boys weighed 6 15 and 6 13 and no bedrest or nicu time! GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrats and welcome!  Definitely check out the FAQ's at the top.  My personal story, I went to L&D at 32w4d because I was contracting every 2-3 minutes.  I spent 5 days there, I was then released and was on modified BR at home until 36w.  When I came off of BR at 36w, I guess the babies had snuggled back in, I made it to my scheduled c/s at 38w.  Good luck to you, and congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • Congrats!

As I'm sure you can guess, the variety of twin experiences here pretty much runs the gamut. Some people are on medical bed rest for months; others go to 38 weeks and work the entire time. Average twin gestation is 35-36 weeks, but it isn't a bell curve exactly. 12% of twins are born before 32 weeks. There's a great book that I've been treating like a holy document for the past 20 weeks (https://www.amazon.com/Youre-Expecting-Triplets-Revised-Edition/dp/0060542683/ref=cm_lmf_tit_1) that can answer a lot of your questions. For my part thus far, I'm almost 31 weeks and doing well so far (knock on wood). My doc says I have no signs of going into PTL, and I'm still working full time but I spend the majority of my free time with my feet up per doctor's rec. I get monitored constantly (which is awesome) and I was diagnosed with GD two weeks ago, but it's being managed easily with diet.

Good luck and welcome!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lost our first little peanut on 1/17/2012 at 9 weeks and 5 days. We miss you little blessing, but we know you were too perfect for this world.
    My multiples/parenting/pregnancy/miscarriage blog
  • What a crazy story and congratulations! I'm not quite 36w, no ptl and no complications so far! It sounds like you're a great baby maker : congrats and gl!!

• Congrats! :)  My story I had mono/di twins and worked 50 hours a week as a nann for 5 kids up until 30 weeks.  I was then off work because the commute of 90 minutes one way was too much for me.  I was hospitalized at 34 weeks for high blood pressure and delivered at 35.6 because of the high BP.  Babies were 5.9 and 5.7lbs with no nicu time. :)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I was on bed rest off and on from 25 weeks -29 weeks, then pulled from work and put on modified bed rest for the remainder of my pregnancy. I was on Procardia from 25-35 weeks, but ended up delivering at 37 weeks exactly. The girls were 5 lb.1 oz and 6 lb. 10 oz., no NICU time. 

For me, I don't think the reality of the situation really hit me until I was wheeled into my hospital room post-op and saw the two little basinets in the room. Then things got VERY real :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"