Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Ring Sling

How do you use these things?  I have one I got from a co-worker (not even sure the brand), and everytime I put DD into it I still practically have to hold her like I would if I were just supporting her on my hip w/o a sling.  What am I doing wrong?  Any good YouTube videos you can point me to or good pointers?
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Ring Sling

• Options
    Sweetpea ring sling has a good you tube.
  • Options
    Sleeping baby productions has a lot of pointers and different holds.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I watched a lot of maya wrap ring sling videos. I did eventually get it on right, but the ring sling was not for me.
    href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/33e2da" rel="nofollow">Chart

• Options

There are a ton of videos on you tube just search for how to use a ring sling or ring sling hip carry. There's other carries you can do too. I love my ring sling, but it did take a few tries to get it adjusted right. And if it's not tight then it doesn't really work. It sounds like maybe you don't have enough fabric under her butt and she's not really seated in it well. And it's probably not tight enough, you really have to pull it tight so that it can support her. I know that was my problem when I first started using mine. GL!

Here's a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QQf8e-tWTM

After 2years TTC and 1yr,2mo waiting for an adoption match, our blessing is here!

"You may not have my eyes or smile, but from that very first moment you had my heart"Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Surprise BFP made our family complete!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Hmmm, we have a Maya Wrap... the biggest thing is to make sure you hold LO exactly where you want her and adjust the sling by pulling on the right part of the tail, like the left edge adjusts the part directly under LO's arms, middle adjust the fabric keeping LO tight to you (all the middle part) and the right edge adjust the part that is under LO's butt and against her legs. Maya Wrap's website has good videos, it's mostly trial and error, I've been using mine for 7 months now and still get hung up sometimes!
    Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
    imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"