November 2012 Moms
Options

Just what are you doing in there little baby?!

I've been having the weirdest day! First I feel like I have a UTI coming on, constantly having to pee, so I'm drinking plenty of water and cranberry. And I don't know if it's all the up and down on the toilet, or maybe BH, or maybe just baby movement, but my stomach is rock hard. And when it's not totally hard it feels like my LO is switching sides - first my right side is out further and I can feel him like he's butting up against my stomach, then he switches to the left. He's done this a lot tonight, and he's usually on my left the majority of the time.

Weird?! Should I be worried at all? I have a doc appt Monday morning and definitely going to mention this and see if I have a UTI, but should I worry about seeing someone (probably er?) over the weekend? The urgency (to pee) seems to have subsided since this afternoon... Sucky thing to be going on on a Friday night!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Just what are you doing in there little baby?!

• Options
    imageKristine822:

I've been having the weirdest day! First I feel like I have a UTI coming on, constantly having to pee, so I'm drinking plenty of water and cranberry. And I don't know if it's all the up and down on the toilet, or maybe BH, or maybe just baby movement, but my stomach is rock hard. And when it's not totally hard it feels like my LO is switching sides - first my right side is out further and I can feel him like he's butting up against my stomach, then he switches to the left. He's done this a lot tonight, and he's usually on my left the majority of the time.

Weird?! Should I be worried at all? I have a doc appt Monday morning and definitely going to mention this and see if I have a UTI, but should I worry about seeing someone (probably er?) over the weekend? The urgency (to pee) seems to have subsided since this afternoon... Sucky thing to be going on on a Friday night!

Almost exactly ALL of this sounds like me and my LO, right down to the UTI and baby switching sides!! 

They treated me for a yeast infection, then I started having more UTI- type symptoms, but everything came back negative, so still not sure what's going on. 

As far as LO moving around- be glad he's clearly moving! There's a lot less room in there, and I just try to reassure myself that I'm glad I can notice his movements, rather than having to actually do kick counts. My belly is rock hard, as well, most of the time, and tight.

So, no, I don't think it's weird, but that's just because of my own (FTM, by the way) experience... of course, everyone is different.

• Options

Glad to know it's not just me! A friend of mine who has a 16 month old was telling me about a similar experience she had (thought it was a UTI) and she went to the ER for treatment and just as she was walking through the parking lot, whatever it was 'let go' and she peed all over herself! She thinks in her case it was the way the baby was positioned that was not letting her pee properly.

But since this LO is moving around a lot, I don't think that's the same case with me. I'm gonna monitor my symptoms and probably just talk to my doc on Monday. I'd really hate to have to spend my weekend time at the hospital, especially since we have my SO's daughter this weekend, and haven't seen her in a month (thanks to her mom thinking she's above the court ordered visitation schedule, but that's a whole other conversation).

I do love all the movement though! Any time he moves it's my favorite part(s) of the day!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"