Success after IF

So as much as I think I could handle twins...

I find myself in situations thinking "what if?" We went and had our family portrait taken tonight.  I'm having such a hard time finding poses in which everyone looks good. If I think this is a challenge with four people, I can only imagine how difficult it would be if we have twins and next time I have 6 faces to sort through! Holy smoke!

DH constantly looks like a deer caught in the headlights. The boys are little Hambones. DS2 keeps putting his fingers in his mouth. DS1 sticks out his tongue. The position I was holding DS2 in during some poses gave me a double chin. Le sigh! 

All that said, I'll take what you will give me God! :)

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: So as much as I think I could handle twins...

• I desperately wanted twins so as never to have to do shots again and we don't know if we will be able to afford another one. I was thinking tonight at DD screamed every time she wasn't in a swing (yes, I am the bad mom that left her in the swing to stop the screaming), that if I had two that were doing this I might hurt myself! You did make me laugh that your epiphany came during a photo shoot :).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • imagelovebug33:
    I desperately wanted twins so as never to have to do shots again and we don't know if we will be able to afford another one. I was thinking tonight at DD screamed every time she wasn't in a swing yes, I am the bad mom that left her in the swing to stop the screaming, that if I had two that were doing this I might hurt myself! You did make me laugh that your epiphany came during a photo shoot :.

I wanted twins really bad too so we didn't have to TTC again. But since E's been born, I've been thanking God for His wisdom in only giving me one.
    And... Using the swing to calm the screaming is nothing to be ashamed of. I ran my vacuum for 20 extra minutes after I was finished vacuuming bc it put LO to sleep for the first time all day. With a newborn, I say use what works!
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • imagelovebug33:
    I desperately wanted twins so as never to have to do shots again and we don't know if we will be able to afford another one. I was thinking tonight at DD screamed every time she wasn't in a swing yes, I am the bad mom that left her in the swing to stop the screaming, that if I had two that were doing this I might hurt myself! You did make me laugh that your epiphany came during a photo shoot :.

Lovebug Do not feel bad. DD lived in her swing the first 3 months.

Queen all I can think about is I would have to get a minivan. DH just got a new car so a shiny new minivan is not really in the budget right now.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • I hear you! I think there's a blissful ignorance when you're TTC your first. You don't really know how hard one is - never mind two! I have such respect for all the MoMs who make it look easy. (I have a few IRl friends in mind who always seem to have it all under control.) The thought of twins scares me sh!tless. But if we were to be blessed with twins I think I would also be excited (after an initial freak out :).
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • I've always wanted a bunch of babies, just one at a time!  I know I could handle twins but it's the pregnancy that scares me.  I have enough issues just carrying one so the thought of carrying two terrifies me, or maybe it's the thought of losing two at once that terrifies me, but either way, no thanks.

As for the pictures, there's a reason we don't do professional pictures and it's because I don't have the patience and would want everything perfect.  And, like you said, with five of us, and soon to be six, there's just no way that would ever happen.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• imagejesselayne8:
    imagelovebug33:
    Lovebug Do not feel bad. DD lived in her swing the first 3 months. Queen all I can think about is I would have to get a minivan. DH just got a new car so a shiny new minivan is not really in the budget right now.

Oh the things we do to keep them quiet/sleeping!!  Yep, I picture myself as a soccer mom, but instead of the minivan, I picture a Volkswagon Wagon - you know the one that turns into the camper???  Oh, yeah..that's me!  ;)

Diagnosis - MIF - FUIF!
    #1 12R, 7M, 5F - 2- 3dt BFN - 1 totsicle became our DD.
    TTC#2 since 1/12
    IVF #2 - 10R, 6M, 5F - 1 5dt of a morula= BFN none to freeze.
    IVF #3 (blegh) Long Lupron Protocol
    ER 8/23 12R, 7M, 2F - 2 beautiful 3d 8/26
    +HPT 9/3 beta #1 9/10= 78.5 #2 9/12 = 136 #3 9/14 319 #4 9/17 890 #5 9/21 2119
    Little B is where he needs to be. HB 9/24. no HB 10/3. Missed m/c @ 8w. D&C 10/5 :(
    IVF #4 - Antagonist Protocol
    ER - 17R, 14M, 9F - 1 beautiful blast 12/13 (Our anniversary), 3 more FROZEN!! WOO HOO!
    +HPT 12/17 beta #1 12/27 = 1654 (um hells to the yeah), beta #2 12/31 = 6994, 1st u/s= 1/8 (fingers firmly crossed) = HB 125. You rock little one.
    Please, Please Stick. Mommy, Daddy and Big Sis love you so much.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Our Totsicle is getting so big!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageSweetyPy17:

imagejesselayne8:
    imagelovebug33:
    Lovebug Do not feel bad. DD lived in her swing the first 3 months. Queen all I can think about is I would have to get a minivan. DH just got a new car so a shiny new minivan is not really in the budget right now.

Oh the things we do to keep them quiet/sleeping!!  Yep, I picture myself as a soccer mom, but instead of the minivan, I picture a Volkswagon Wagon - you know the one that turns into the camper???  Oh, yeah..that's me!  ;)

Ladies, can I introduce you to the Mazda 5? My DH is quick to point out that it's not a minivan, it's a micro van, and they call it a space wagon in Europe. Anyway, it has dual sliding doors and a 3rd row so it seats 6, BUT it was only 2" longer than my Sentra.  If you have 2-3 children I think it is much less of a mid-30s identity crisis creator than the mini van. ;)

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • As a mom of twins I can say that it is hard work, someone told me recently "one baby is one baby, two/three is like twenty!"  It's certainly not quite like that but there is a kernel of truth there.  I do believe God doesn't give us more than we can handle & given that I am willing to run the risk of having twins again with my upcoming FET I would say that the good times far outweigh the not so good & I couldn't imagine it any other way :) 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I think I am more concerned about the increased potential for complications associated with a multiple pregnancy than I am about actually having twins. Now...that's not to say that there haven't been a few moments lately when my little angel has had me second guessing that thought ;-)

DX: DOR and MFI 

IVF w/ICSI brought us our 1st precious miracle

V born via induction 4.29.11

TTC #2: IVF (MDLF) August/September 2012

ER 9/7: 6R, 5M, 4F ET 9/12: 5dt of 2 blasts 

+HPT 9/17! Beta #1 (9/25) = 1,000 Beta #2 (9/27) = 1,860 U/S #1 (10/11)...TWINS!

1/8/13 - It's a..boy and a girl!!   

S&B born via induction 5.8.13

imageimage

• DS was supposed to be a twin but we lost the other baby around week 7.  I sometimes play the "what if" game but that would've meant I had 3 under 2yo (and there's no board for that lol).  I realize everything happens for a reason and being an older mom (I was 40 when I had DS/38 with DD) Im sure it would've been real difficult.  And of course you always worry about the health of the babies.   One thing I've learned from going thru infertility treatment and motherhood--I'm a strong person and can get thru anything :-)  Love my kids and so happy to have them!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"