Baby Names
Options

Trevor

DH and I have very different names styles. He likes trendy and I am more on the classic side. He heard this name the other day and really liked it. I like it too. I just don't like how matchy Trent and Trevor sound. Matchy wasn't intentional. What do you think of Trevor Jack? Would you still use it even if it is matchy? TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Trevor

• Options
    I wouldn't worry about it being matchy.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    imageJoy2611:
    My only association with Trevor is Neville Longbottom's frog :I like Trevor Jack.nbsp; I think it's different.It is a biiiit matchy with Trent.nbsp; I might steer clear of it, but if it's the only name you guys like, I don't think it would be the end of the world.nbsp;Happy Birthday to Trent, by the way!

Thank you! He's napping my arms... Loving the birthday cuddles!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I really like Trevor (and Trent too!). Since the first three letters of both names are exactly the same, I would keep trying to find something else. If you can't, it isn't horrible. I also like Trevor Jack.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC#1!
    12/1999: Dx with Endometriosis (age 12)
    5/2001: Ruptured appendix, massive scar tissue
    6/2005:Dx with Interstitial Cystitis
    9/2005: Gall bladder removed due to problems from cysts
    7/2006: Officially Dx with Fibromyalgia (age 18)
    2/2010: Partial left ovarian torsion

10/2012: SA = Low Motility
    11/2012: Surgery #5 to remove scar tissue & paratubal cyst
    HSG: Right tube blocked; unable to clear
  • Options
    I really like Trevor Jack but I think its a bit too matchy for my taste.
  • Options
    Haha... this is DH's name, and he constantly gets called Trent, just FYI. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Love it. It was at the top of our list even before DS2 was born, but I loved Nolan a lot more. We still like Trevor, and I think Trevor Jack is a great name.

B.R.C. 5/08-- N.R.C. 5/10--S.R.C. 3/14
  • Options
    I like Trevor- it's not a name I hear everyday. Happy Birthday to your little man!!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I really like the name Trevor but personally I think it is too matchy with Trent. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options
    it is a matchy but oh well--they arent going to be living together forever :-)  I like the name Trevor
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    LOVE Trevor! I don't mind the way it matches Trent.
  • Options
    I like the name, but I do find it very matchy, and I'm not usually picky about sibsets. For some reason, I very strongly associate the names Trent, Trevor, and Troy-- I think I went through a period in my adolescence where those were my very favorite boy names, so I view them as part of the same theme. But that may just be me. It is a nice name, and underused. 
  • Options
    I like both names but they are a bit to matchy together for my liking.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Trent and Trevor are pretty matchy... You probably both like Trevor because you already agreed on something pretty similar! 

Unless you've gone through lists and lists and just can't find anything else that you agree on, I'd keep looking... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"