2nd Trimester

STM's

What are some of you ladies doing to get your older children ready for the new baby? I have a few ideas but id like to see what others come up with :)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: STM's

• We just keep talking to him about it.  How it's going to be so awesome to be a big brother and how he's going to be the big boy and teach the baby how to do stuff and be a huge help for mommy and daddy.  Basically how being the big brother makes him the cool kid.  He's still so young he doesn't really get it.  On the rare occassion he is around a baby he seems to like them.  He pets their heads LOL
  • My little guy will only be 18 months or so when DS2 comes, but I still think it'll disrupt his little world so I'm trying to prepare as best I can. I bought him a little boy doll from amazon, and two books. The one I like the best is called "My New Baby", by Rachel Fuller, from Amazon also. I also try and point out little babies when we are out, and say "look baby". I feel bad though, because he IS still my baby. :) Maybe I'll start say saying "little baby". lol

I'm interested in seeing what else STM's are doing.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I tried preparing my son for my daughter. Everyday I would rub my belly and say there's a baby in there. After a weeks or so I would sy where's the baby and he would pat my belly. He would touch my belly whenever he could. I knew he kinda knew  but not really. He was 20 months when she was born. She didn't like me holding her at first when he + daddy would come visit me. He would push her hospital bassinet away. Then at home he realized oh your keeping it? He went to all my appointments and I included him in everything we did with the baby. He's 27 months now and she's 7 months and he loves to help me change her, hold her bottle, bathe her. So it's hard at first but they get used to it and adjust easily. As for this one I have no idea how it will go. My son will be 2 + 9 months and my daughter will be 13 months. 3 under 3 here we come, lol
  • We still haven't told DD (3.5) yet... I wanted to wait until we were far enough into the pregnancy to say anything, and then when we hit the 2nd trimester I wanted to wait until we were close to know the gender so we could talk about a baby brother/sister. We will tell her the week of our A/S, and then take her with us to find out the gender. Our hospital offers a sibling class that we will go to. As as preparing her for the baby, she's really into playing with her BittyBaby right now, feeding, changing, rocking- so we will talk about how the LO is going to need to be taken care of just like her baby, and that we will need a lot of her help as a Big Sister. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • We've got a couple of big sister books that we read, we flip through her baby book and the pregnancy journal I used, and we talk about it whenever she wants (which is often, lol), what the baby will be like, what she'll do when the baby gets here, visiting in the hospital with my parents, etc.  She also got to come along to a last-minute u/s appt and see the baby and hear its heartbeat, which she loved, and I'll probably bring her along to another appt or two and maybe to the a/s.  As we get closer, we'll find little jobs for her to do to "help" get the baby's room ready. 

She's so excited, so getting her used to the idea of a baby hasn't been hard.  We'll see how it goes when baby gets here!

• Books, books, and more books. DD and DS already like feeding the baby dolls bottles and changing diapers. We talk to the baby in my belly every morning when we wake up and then again before bed. Sometimes throughout the day the kids will come over and rub my belly and say hi to her or tell her a story. I'll be taking out the baby swing, bouncer, etc. at least a month in advance so they can get it out of their systems... when DS was born DD would play in all those things or try to take him out... I'm hoping being older it won't be as big of an issue.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We have just been talking about her a lot and what a good big brother he'll be.  I guess I should be thinking more about it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"