2nd Trimester

17 weeks and miserable....

People thought I was sub-human in my first trimester because I didn't get sick once, had no hormonal fluctuations, and had more energy than ever. This past week I have had an ongoing headache, can't stop crying over the drop of a hat, had severe allergies, and overall feel blah....anyone else having a sucky second trimester?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 17 weeks and miserable....

• I could have wrote this damn post myself!!! i have felt great the whole time and was just tired that is all, now i can't sleep good, have horrible headaches when i wake up and want to just curl up and cry UGH!!!!!!!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic image DD #1 1-31-02 DD#2 9-26-08 BFP#3 1-31-02 mc 2-23-12 BFP #4 EDD 3-22-13 KACIE
  • Everyone told me when I got pregnant that the 1st Tri is horrible and then it's enjoyable from there. I never got sick in the 1st Tri--tired but never sick. 2nd Tri hit and I have migraines, scaitic back pain so bad I can barely get out of bed and I either want to punch people or cry. Horrible!! Your' definately not alone:)
  • Loading the player...
  • umm... I'll just go with yeah... Everyone thinks that my first trimester was a breeze because I wasn't puking all of the time (I only vomited a few times really) but I was feeling like I was about to vomit CONSTANTLY and lost about 20 lbs in the first trimester due to lack of appetite/queasiness...

Now it's 2nd tri and I've had a constant headache, stuffy nose and just have been feeling blah - even if not as tired as I was in first tri... Still haven't fully re-gained my appetite either :(

Pregnancy Ticker PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I am so sorry you all are feeling that way, but glad to know I am not alone. I've also had trouble sleeping (which is a huge change to my dead to the world sleeps in my first tri), also I have had terrrrrible sciatic back pain..is that common is pregnancy??? This is my first!
  • wow you're lucky, I have nasty replies to my "stupid questions" every at some point is going to feel that way... that is what they would have said to me. inconsiderate, and insensitive people! I was not meaing that to be mean to you! because I want to know if other people have experienced the same as me... they just attack me and say how dumb I am and laugh and ask if i called the doctor, or why the doctor has not called me back... because they are laughing at all my idiotic common sense questions! any way... I dont have much of an appetite either, i am kinda worried that the baby is not getting enough, because of how tired I am. I know he is because he gets everything before me, but I am not getting enough to make amniotic fluid and will end up with a distressed premie baby.. if you drink more just plain water, that has helped me, gain an appetite because I want something more to taste and need that sugar! 
  • imageCountrygirl0289:
    wow you're lucky, I have nasty replies to my "stupid questions" every at some point is going to feel that way... that is what they would have said to me. inconsiderate, and insensitive people! I was not meaing that to be mean to you! because I want to know if other people have experienced the same as me... they just attack me and say how dumb I am and laugh and ask if i called the doctor, or why the doctor has not called me back... because they are laughing at all my idiotic common sense questions! any way... I dont have much of an appetite either, i am kinda worried that the baby is not getting enough, because of how tired I am. I know he is because he gets everything before me, but I am not getting enough to make amniotic fluid and will end up with a distressed premie baby.. if you drink more just plain water, that has helped me, gain an appetite because I want something more to taste and need that sugar! 

• imageCountrygirl0289:
    wow you're lucky, I have nasty replies to my "stupid questions" every at some point is going to feel that way... that is what they would have said to me. inconsiderate, and insensitive people! I was not meaing that to be mean to you! because I want to know if other people have experienced the same as me... they just attack me and say how dumb I am and laugh and ask if i called the doctor, or why the doctor has not called me back... because they are laughing at all my idiotic common sense questions! any way... I dont have much of an appetite either, i am kinda worried that the baby is not getting enough, because of how tired I am. I know he is because he gets everything before me, but I am not getting enough to make amniotic fluid and will end up with a distressed premie baby.. if you drink more just plain water, that has helped me, gain an appetite because I want something more to taste and need that sugar! 

Oh geez...Really?!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

C  7.16.2008 | L  11.12.2010 | A  3.18.2013

• imageCountrygirl0289:

not really sure how my comments were a stupid question....

• Yup - this is me too!  Luckily, I'm still taking allergy meds, so at least thats not bothering me.  But the headaches!  They are driving me nuts. OB, wants me to get massages to see if they help; so excited to have one on Tuesday!.
    *** DS born February 21, 2013 - Toronto, Canada  ***
    imageimage
  • Oh my word, yes.  I did have the morning sickness during my first trimester, and even though that is gone now, I am emotional, forgetful, dealing with bad allergies, etc.  I'm glad I'm not alone!!

• I'm in my 14th week and have had an ongoing migraine for about a week.  Feeling like I can throw up at any moment.  I also thought the 2nd tri was going to be easier :-(
  • *ignoring the troll*

I had a terrible first tri and my second hasn't been much better. Migraines, RLP, Flu, trouble sleeping, back pain, and still some nausea. My Mom keeps asking me if I'm feeling amazing and having all these wonderful 2nd tri feelings and she's always pissed when I say no. lol How does she think I feel? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary

• My allergies went crazy too! My OB is waaaaaay against taking any OTC meds (which I can respect as EVERYTHING you put in your body will reach the tiny one), so I was going crazy, thinking I was going to have to suffer through months of hay fever.

Then my sister-in-law recommended the Neti Pot. It's basically a tiny teapot that sinuses your sinuses with a saline solution. Now I know it seems really weird to pour salt water up your nose, and let it drain out the other side, but I promise you, it will work!

For about three days I had to rinse twice per day, morning and night. I even did the hypertonic (double strength) solution at night for two of those days. Finally, on the fourth day my sinuses were clear all day. No more sneezing, blowing, facial pressure or sleepless nights. Now I use my Neti at night, about an hour before I go to bed, and it has kept me clear for the last MONTH. I am soooo very grateful I found this thing, because I was truly miserable.

I just got the Neti Pot kit from Walgreens (also at Safeway, Rite Aid, or any of those others) and it included a blue plastic pot, the solution in easy to use packets, and an explanation book. Tips for the Neti: Tilt your upper body/head forward and over the sink, and tilt your head further forward and to the side you want the flow to come out of until you get an even flow without the solution draining down the back of your throat. Sometimes it takes some practice before you get the flow right, but you'll get it!

Hope this helps!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageCourtneybelle:

My allergies went crazy too! My OB is waaaaaay against taking any OTC meds (which I can respect as EVERYTHING you put in your body will reach the tiny one), so I was going crazy, thinking I was going to have to suffer through months of hay fever.

Then my sister-in-law recommended the Neti Pot. It's basically a tiny teapot that sinuses your sinuses with a saline solution. Now I know it seems really weird to pour salt water up your nose, and let it drain out the other side, but I promise you, it will work!

For about three days I had to rinse twice per day, morning and night. I even did the hypertonic (double strength) solution at night for two of those days. Finally, on the fourth day my sinuses were clear all day. No more sneezing, blowing, facial pressure or sleepless nights. Now I use my Neti at night, about an hour before I go to bed, and it has kept me clear for the last MONTH. I am soooo very grateful I found this thing, because I was truly miserable.

I just got the Neti Pot kit from Walgreens (also at Safeway, Rite Aid, or any of those others) and it included a blue plastic pot, the solution in easy to use packets, and an explanation book. Tips for the Neti: Tilt your upper body/head forward and over the sink, and tilt your head further forward and to the side you want the flow to come out of until you get an even flow without the solution draining down the back of your throat. Sometimes it takes some practice before you get the flow right, but you'll get it!

Hope this helps!

Funny you should say this, my mom just bought me a Neti Pot today!!! Thanks for the good news, I'll be trying it later!! :)

• I have been having rough days too.  I think it's from surges in hormones!  Hang in there ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"