June 2011 Moms
Options

Baby Ballet?

We are putting Lexi in a baby ballet class starting January, technically it is a parent-child class. I am really excited. Anyone else doing baby ballet with their little one? We are also planning on putting her in a tumbling class.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Baby Ballet?

• Options
    We will be! I'm hoping to enroll DD in dance and tumbling too!
  • Options
    We will be eventually but right now she is too busy to do anything like that.  I have a friend who tried out a gymnastics class and said they expected the 15-18 mo olds to do way too many things that were above their skill level.  I will be waiting for another year most likely.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Near me, the youngest classes like that that I can find are for 24 month olds, so I will be signing Em up as soon as I can for those hopefully starting in June. I have a little wait, but I'm excited!

• Options

imageMrsEmilyS:
    We will be eventually but right now she is too busy to do anything like that.  I have a friend who tried out a gymnastics class and said they expected the 15-18 mo olds to do way too many things that were above their skill level.  I will be waiting for another year most likely.

I am going to guess this, like most things, vary by class.  While I had originally intended to enroll Stella in a gymnastics class at the Y, that didn't work out (8:30 on a Saturday morning on the other side of town is not a good mix for me for a 30 minute class).  I have not heard this comment about any of the options in this area.

• Options
    My 3 y/o does ballet/tap/tumbling @ The Little Gym. Cate will be old enough for the parent/child gymnastics/tumbling class in January, and we will be signing her up! This is probably my 3 y/o's last year at The Little Gym. We're going to let her pick between ballet/tap and gymnastics, then send her to a "real" dance studio or gymnasium. For what we are paying at The Little Gym we could go to a real place, pay for costumes and have a recital.
  • Options
    how cute! I guess I didn't even know they had stuff for kids as young as ours. I would love to do that, but I'm guessing it's mostly during weekdays, for SAHMs?
    photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    The dance school my oldest DD is in won't take children until they are two. We plan to enroll her at the start of the next dance year (next August). But they do it all by themselves. Mommy isn't there.
    ~ Cassie ~

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I cannot WAIT to sign LO up for ballet class! However, around here, classes don't start until 24m, which will obviously be June. I will wait until August, though, so that LO can hopefully dance throughout the Fall and have a Christmas program! YAY!! I already know that I'm going to cry, and I don't even care if she just stands there in her little ruffle butt clothes! Ha!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I will sign up Callie for dance classes, but when she's a little older. I'm not sure when the school's start around here...but I started when I was three.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image"">imageimage
  • Options

I've thought about signing the twins up for tumbling, but I haven't yet. I think they would have a blast rolling & playing around. I think they say they start at 24 months, but you can enroll them early if you want. When I looked into it, they said they had a 6 month old currently enrolled.

• Options
    DD started gymmastics this week. It was great! The Mommy and Me ballet class starts in January. My plan is to take her, but that is also when LO is due so I may wait. 
    Lilypie - (eo79)
     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I am surprised that there aren't 18 months classes in some of the areas you ladies are in. Even before I had Lexi I heard that 18 months was the most common. I am really excited about the ballet classes. We moved to Utah, I finished college here so we lived her before and moved back because DH got a job offer. The SLC Ballet has a mommy and me class so I am even more excited because they have a great ballet program so it's going to be cool to have her take classes there.

They haven't posted their schedule for next year but the fall schedule had the class on Saturday mornings at like 9am, so hopefully come January they will still have the class at a good time. 

We are looking into this awesome gymnastics place here. Utah is big on gymnastics; so we are wanting to do the mommy and me class there as well. So excited. I think for Christmas we are buying her a leotard and some ballet shoes, even though she may not even need them but I figured it would be cute to complete the set :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"