Infertility
Options

Anyone add clomid into IVF protocol?

I got my protocol today and start 450 gonal F (which seems SO high!) and 150 menopur starting tonight. He was going to put in 100 mg of clomid too (!!) but i balked at the added side effects, which are sooo much more intense with clomid, let alone adding in 5000000000000 mgs of this other stuff. Anyway, he said it was just an added boost, but i respond welll so we don't have to do it if I am going to stress.

I have yet to complete a full IVF cycle so i really do not know how I will respond as far as # of eggs retrieved etc.... I have done well with minimum doses of gonal-f doing just injects and have no egg reserve issues. Should I do the Clomid anyway? I just don't want to turn insane --- and believe me, it makes me! =)

Re: Anyone add clomid into IVF protocol?

• Options
    I didn't and I was on way less Gonal F and Menopur (75/75 then 150/75 then 150/150) too but I have heard of it.  Remind me again why your IVF got cancelled last time?  What was the series of events?  One follicle grew too quickly?  What dosages were you on last time?
  • Options

imagenotquiteblushing:
    I didn't and I was on way less Gonal F and Menopur (75/75 then 150/75 then 150/150) too but I have heard of it.  Remind me again why your IVF got cancelled last time?  What was the series of events?  One follicle grew too quickly?  What dosages were you on last time?

yes i had one dominant follicle flying ahead of the rest.  i honestly don't remember my dosage, i think it was 300 something, and 150 menopur .  he siad the follicle issue last time is 'rare', and hopefully won't happen again.  =/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"