Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Christmas Ideas for a 4yo boy... yes, already

I know it's early for these questions... but family is already asking me for ideas for DS for Christmas. This year I'm having a really hard time!

He already has, power wheels, train table, wooden, and plastic track. Leappad w/ about 10 games, metal tonka trucks for outdoor play, a swingset, outdoor climbing cube, an adult size toolbox full of tools. He's got tons of sports equipment. There really isn't anything substantial that this kid needs! However, the aunt and uncle who are asking for ideas bought our girls a set of bitty baby twins by american girl, w/ the starter set.... so they spent about $100 each on the twins they are looking to get something of equal value for DS

I'm considering a new train table...the one we have was bought from craigslist in great condition... but 3 years of playing w/ it constantly has done a # on it, but I think they mostly come w/ a ton of track and he doesn't really need that. He wants geo tracks (has some at grammy's and loves them... but he already has thomas wooden and trackmaster... and even a set or 2 of the take and go! 

I can come up w/ a thousand little things.. but I know they want something substantial. 

Oh and I need to say the kid isn't as spoiled as this looks... he just has a very large very close family. 

Re: Christmas Ideas for a 4yo boy... yes, already

• Options

How about a bike or scooter? Or maybe one of those inflatable bouncy house things?

• Options
    Mini kick scooter or an electric ride on toy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How about a museum membership or gift cards to a jump house indoor play ground. Or lessons like skating lessons, soccer etc.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My thoughts, skip the train table because you already have one and he is 4 and will likely start to play with it less or if he plays more he will not want to be contained by a table.

Mini Kick Scooter (that brand, AWESOME and I wish I bought them)

16" bicycle

Unit Blocks, for $100 they could get both sets of Melissa and Doug unit blocks

Wooden marble run or domino run, like Haba

Desk or chair for his room of family room

Big Wheels, apparently the real thing came back this year

Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Options
    imagecmeon_the_water:

A bounce house is a great idea- but, a good one is probably more in the $250 range. A bike is a great idea if he doesn't have one. My 5yo boy is totally over the train set thing, so I'm not sure it would be worth it to invest in another train table- is he showing interest in LEGOs? You can easily blow $100 getting stocked up there. ;)

They could also do a few Automoblox, a great marble track/block set, snap circuits (both my kids love these- my youngest is not quite 3- but, neither can do them alone, so maybe not the best idea yet), a bunch of fun board games?

Love these ideas too.  My kids are huge into board games.  Check out Fat Brain Toys and see if there is any more expensive games or science toys that he might like.  Those are on my son's birthday/Christmas list...you are not the only one thinking about it.

Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Options
    What about things to do instead of things to have ex. movie tickets, tickets to see an event, membership at an indoor play place or zoo or children's museum or gymnastic/music/art classes....
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

On DS' list:

Legos, Legos, Legos ;)

Other building toys - K'Nex Classic, Zoobs, Tinker Toys, Lincoln Logs, Pickets

Hex Bugs

Road Rippers (DS loves these, I do not LOL)

Does he have a scooter or skates yet?

I am putting a lot of "My First I Can Read" books on DS' list

• Options
    How about a bunch of nice fun books and a cool bookshelf like this... Kidkraft Kids Bookcase: Kidkraft Sling Bookshelf Primary With ...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"