December 2012 Moms

PUPPP's

Ok, so I've had a mild rash on my abdomen since the first of September.  It started to get really bad a week ago so I went to CareNow and they told me it was ringworm.  So, I started to do everything I could find on the internet (that is safe for baby), and nothing made it better, it just kept spreading.  I went to my regular scheduled OB appt yesterday and she nearly freaked out, got on the phone and set up an appointment with a dermatologist for that afternoon.  Long story short, I do NOT have ringworm, but PUPPP.  I will never go back to CareNow.  Is there anyone else that has been diagnosed with PUPPP?
First Time Mommy! Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary

Re: PUPPP's

• I don't have it (yet, at least) with this pregnancy, but I did have it with DS... Unbelievable itching!  For me, it spread throughout my trunk and onto my thighs.  I was able to find some relief through cooling (using the large, soft, injury ice packs made by ACE) and Benadryl used sparingly. 

Try not to get too warm/overheat, as that will make it feel worse... Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I actually have it.  So far the remedies that work for me are Grandpa's Pine Tar Soap (you can find it at Whole Foods or GNC) and A&D ointment.  Do a google search and you will find a lot of remedies.  The pine tar soap smells a little strange, but it has worked wonders for me.  I take as many showers a day as I can with it.  And only shower in cool water.  Hot water makes me more itchy.  Good luck!  
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I feel for you. i had it something fierce with DS. It went from the top of my belly down to my knees. Nothing helped a bunch. I would mix caladril or calmine lotion/gel (or whatever they are called) with the best lotion I could find and douse myself in it all the time. I finally had to have a steroid shot it got so bad.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • imageminervacullen:
    I feel for you. i had it something fierce with DS. It went from the top of my belly down to my knees. Nothing helped a bunch. I would mix caladril or calmine lotion/gel (or whatever they are called) with the best lotion I could find and douse myself in it all the time. I finally had to have a steroid shot it got so bad.

When did it finally go away?  After birth?

First Time Mommy! Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • I had a terrible rash a couple weeks ago.... I was able to combat it by using grandpa's pine tar soap in the morning, using benedryl cream 2-3x a day and then taking aveeno oatmeal baths at night.  Good luck, hope it goes away!
  • I have it.  It seems to have calmed down- for now.  I was told to use cortizone cream, but I found that desitin actually worked better.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageles1ie03:

imageminervacullen:
    I feel for you. i had it something fierce with DS. It went from the top of my belly down to my knees. Nothing helped a bunch. I would mix caladril or calmine lotion/gel (or whatever they are called) with the best lotion I could find and douse myself in it all the time. I finally had to have a steroid shot it got so bad.

When did it finally go away?  After birth?

Yes

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"