November 2011 Moms
Options

DH is worthless when he's sick

It's sooooooo annoying, DH started getting sick Wed night and didn't work yesterday and today. It's so frustrating because he just slept and watched TV all day!  He did nothing to help with DD at all last night, granted he didn't want to get her sick so I guess I can let that go, but it's just so annoying!  Plus, I don't think he's even that sick, yeah he had a little bit of a fever yesterday, but this morning he said, oh my head still hurts.....seriously, a headache?!?!!?!  UGh!

I've been feeling like crap for almost 2 months now, rotating between colds and allergies.  I would have loved to lay on the couch and watch TV while DH was working and DD was at daycare.  I almost hope that I get sick sometime this winter, and I'm useless, so that he can see what it's like to work all day and then take care of DD all by yourself. 

Sorry, no point to this, I'm just frustrated! 

BFP #1 August 2007, Lost Nov 2007, no heartbeat found at anatomy ultrasound at 19 wks
BFP #2 March 2011, Baby Girl born November 2011!!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: DH is worthless when he's sick

• Options

imageCmmo14:
    AHHHH the man-flu.... yes, very frustrating! So sorry you are going through it! after DHs last man-flu I handed LO over on a Saturday morning and said I was unavailable till the night, you should do that!

I like that idea!!!  I already have to coach a couple soccer game on saturday, maybe I just won't come home between games and I will go shopping instead! 

And I love your phrasing!  Man-flu is so right on!!

BFP #1 August 2007, Lost Nov 2007, no heartbeat found at anatomy ultrasound at 19 wks
  • Options

Omg same here!! If I could change one thing about MH it would be this! I swear he is a hypochondriac. Most time I wont even mention I'm starting to get sick because the second I say something he starts to feel sick. Also, he always thinks he has some serious illness because he googles things and listens to other people's horror stories. I was sick last week and HE goes to the doctor as a "preventive" measure in case he was starting to get it. When the doctor told him he was fine, I spent the next day (Saturday) on the couch sick while he took care of LO - even though I was feeling a lot better :) .

When he's sick and complaining I often think this is why men don't get pregnant.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagebrighteyes2123:

LOL!!  Yep!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"