Success after IF

Almost through the 1st trimester and still can't believe it.

I suppose I could do with introductions by saying it helps to know that there are others that have gone through what I have and are still doing fine and gone on to have beautiful children. My hubby and I had been trying for the last 3yrs to have a baby and found out about a year or so ago he had IF issues. Unfortunately, the blow got even worse at the beginning of this year when my OB diagnosed me with PCOS as well. Talk about heartbreaking, wanting children so badly and fearing it would never happen!

Fortunately, after a few months of taking Femara, my body started to act like it really cared about my dreams and we had our first IUI in July. I didn't have a whole lot of hope that anything would come of it, as I've done a lot of research and found that the percentage of successes on the first IUI is very low. However, after a week and a half of symptoms that I kept denying until they got so bad I thought I was dying, I finally broke down and took the chance of more disappointment and took another pregnancy test. Even now, I still can't believe that the second line showed up! I sat there for probably about 5 minutes staring at the stick thinking I was hallucinating before believing my eyes enough to tell my hubby who was in the next room. Then, all I could do was cry like an idiot (a very happy one, of course). Well, needless to say the evil pregnancy skeptic in me kept me disbelieving enough that I took another two tests that day then had my hubby go buy another brand because I was still convinced maybe that brand would lie to me (my Mum got one heck of a kick out of that!). However, everything gave me the same answer.

Now, here I am today, just passing the 12wk marker by 2 days and I'm not quite sure my brain has really wrapped around the fact that it's actually happening. My U/Ss that I've had so far (2 due to spotting-induced paranoia OB visits, 3 in total) have all turned out beautifully and as far as things seem, the LO is coming along nicely in there. My last OB visit which was at 1 day before my 11wk marker, we were able to hear a very strong heartbeat and I think it surprised me more than anything.

So far, there's no bump yet; but I think it will take either the bump showing up or  the "big U/S" (yay for checking organs for correctness and possibly finding out the sex!) for me to really mentally accept that it's all real. On the bright side, the morning sickness seems to be tapering off as of the last week. So, I think I'm gonna knock on wood until my knuckles get sore that it'll stay that way.

Anyone else had issues this far along with fully believing that you were pregnant?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Almost through the 1st trimester and still can't believe it.

• Hi there,

I am not currently pregnant but wanted to say congratulations and your story gives me hope that we can have success too! Best wishes! 

TTC since 8/2011 MC 1/2012 MFI IUI 1 10/2012
  • Congratulations on your pregnancy :-) I think it is only natural to feel in some way that success after IF is "too good to be true." I worried and stressed until I held DS in my arms, and then an entirely new form of worry set in. I hope you reach a point in your pregnancy when you are truly able to enjoy it!

DX: DOR and MFI 

IVF w/ICSI brought us our 1st precious miracle

V born via induction 4.29.11

TTC #2: IVF (MDLF) August/September 2012

ER 9/7: 6R, 5M, 4F ET 9/12: 5dt of 2 blasts 

+HPT 9/17! Beta #1 (9/25) = 1,000 Beta #2 (9/27) = 1,860 U/S #1 (10/11)...TWINS!

1/8/13 - It's a..boy and a girl!!   

S&B born via induction 5.8.13

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Yup. I think your feelings are totally normal. For me I didn't really start to believe it until about 17 weeks when I started feeling him move around in there. I had had two prior losses in addition to years of TTC and was afraid to really believe that it might be real. For so long I tried to expect the worst to protect my feelings. I'm so glad things are going well so far! Congratulations hon!
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Congratulations! Enjoy this time as much as you can because it goes by so fast!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"