Special Needs
Options

Sudden Sleep Problems

My 11 month old has always STTN. Since 2 weeks ago she refuses to sleep in her crib. As soon as I put her down she screams even if she was out cold on my chest. She also has never been able to sleep on her back, she always startled and scared herself. So we lay her down on her belly, now that she can roll over, its not working out so well. I cant let her CIO because she is hysterical. She wont be able to sleep on her back either. I know I am starting a bad habit letting her sleep with me but its either that or no sleep at all. 

I know kids with her DX ( Schizencephaly ) can have sleep issues but its usually present at birth. I never know if its DX related or maybe its regular baby issues ( teething, seperation anxiety, ect ).

Does anyone have recommendations? Should I try CIO. Is it okay to just let her sleep with me? Anyone have any idea as to why this would suddenly happen? Its really hard for me struggling to put her down at night and keep her asleep. TIA! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Sudden Sleep Problems

• Options

Is it possible that her molars are coming in?  My older DD's started to come in right around that age, and it was brutal.  We basically dealt with unrelenting teething until she was almost two, and then once the teeth were in she went back to STTN.

I'm sorry--I don't know much about your DD's diagnosis, but I think you should do what you think is best.  If she sleeps better with you, and you can get sleep, too, then I don't see that it's a problem.  We've let my older DD sleep with us for a few months at a time over the past 4 years, but we've always been able to transition her back to her bed when we needed to. 

We never did CIO, so I don't have much advice about that.  My younger DD didn't STTN until she was 18 months old, but both of my girls are good sleepers now.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"