August 2011 Moms
Options

Adult Decisions

Last night on Facebook a friend asked if we were coming home to CA for a visit any time soon. Without even realizing it I replied, 'No, we're buying health insurance in lieu of any vacations.' 

How depressing, lol! Being an adult is no fun! Hahah.

Have you made necessary-but-sucky adult decision lately?  

imageimage

Re: Adult Decisions

• Options
    Haha, totally! Ours is to not TTC this month or next - we're moving next July and having a c-section and moving to a totally new area (we're in canada and will likely move to the US!), while my husband starts a new job would just be too much! So as much as I want another baby, the responsible thing is to wait a few months - hopefully I'll be pregnant during the move so I won't have to help, LOL. 
    BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Yeah, being an adult blows. I wish I could go back and smack my 16 year old self for wanting to grow up so fast:/
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Daycare is soon going to be costing us just under $3000/month. 

So yeah, there is basically nothing extra we can afford to buy.  At all.  We're ditching cable.  Our only real "luxury" will be our cell phones b/c I don't think I could survive without it.  I'm so glad we're having a second boy so no need for lot of new clothes or any new gear.  We are going to be so poor for awhile, heh.  Our biggest "adult decision" we made revolving around this is that we just cannot afford to replace our car with the minivan we want.  We drive a Honda Element.  It's a 4-seater, and when we go anywhere with our dog, there is zero cargo space.  We will be using the roof rack, sitting on duffle bags, and just overall *making it work*...we've been planning on a new car by Feb 2013 for quite awhile now, and we just recently decided we're going to have to make our current rig work for us for awhile longer due to the extremely high cost of daycare.  Yeah...it sucks, dude! :P

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagehomediva:
    Haha, totally! Ours is to not TTC this month or next - we're moving next July and having a c-section and moving to a totally new area (we're in canada and will likely move to the US!), while my husband starts a new job would just be too much! So as much as I want another baby, the responsible thing is to wait a few months - hopefully I'll be pregnant during the move so I won't have to help, LOL. 

Wise decision - we moved out of our house when DS was a month old. His first few weeks of life were really stressful because I was so stressed out about packing, but I couldn't do any heavy lifting after my c-section. Not to mention general new parents stress...

I had to tell a friend that I couldn't hang out for awhile because DS and I have become too busy with activities during the week and we need some down time at home.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

All. The. Time.

Being an adult blows sometimes. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageStefandTodd:

Wish you lived closer...  I'd totally watch C&W for about half that!! ;P 

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

Yeah...  DH wants to get out of industry and become a college professor.  That's gonna be a mega cut into our income.  We are preparing now by saving really aggressively while we have more disposable income.  We are foregoing a Hawaiian vacation with the entire IL fam next summer because it's just not a good move for us if we want this.  

I'm OK with that.  We have made our decision and we are big on never looking back.   

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

Haha. Yesterday my brother said to me, "Have you seen the commercial where...blah blah blah" and my response was "We don't have cable TV anymore."  He looked so shocked!

Right now our family is talking about a big group trip to Virginia Beach next summer.  Between DH's new tuition bill and TTC, I'm not sure a vacation is in the cards for next summer.  Boo hoo :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

imageshanado:
    Yeah, being an adult blows. I wish I could go back and smack my 16 year old self for wanting to grow up so fast:/

Yes

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagemelissa0726:

Haha. Yesterday my brother said to me, "Have you seen the commercial where...blah blah blah" and my response was "We don't have cable TV anymore."  He looked so shocked!

Right now our family is talking about a big group trip to Virginia Beach next summer.  Between DH's new tuition bill and TTC, I'm not sure a vacation is in the cards for next summer.  Boo hoo :(

My family is planning a VA Beach vacation for the summer of 2014. How about you post-pone yours and then we can have a GTG :)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageJaysonandKristin:
    imageStefandTodd:

Wish you lived closer...  I'd totally watch C&W for about half that!! ;P 

Smile  I'm a big believer in *don't wish away the years* (i.e. I don't say a lot of, "I can't wait until he..." etc), but I have to admit I spend a bit of time daydreaming of the years they're both in elementary school and we don't have to pay for our center FT anymore!!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagemelissa0726:

I haven't been able to justify the cost of cable. EVER. I haven't watched tv regularly since I was a teenager in high school. So it's been almost 10 years since I understood anyone's funny references to sitcoms or reality shows.

If someone recommends something to me, I may Netflix it. But I'm usually 1-2 seasons behind everyone else.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageMonsieur_et_Madame_Ha:
    imagemelissa0726:

My family is planning a VA Beach vacation for the summer of 2014. How about you post-pone yours and then we can have a GTG :)

That sounds good to me!  What brings you and the family all the way down to VA Beach?  Any particular reason for that destination?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imagemelissa0726:
    imageMonsieur_et_Madame_Ha:
    imagemelissa0726:

That sounds good to me!  What brings you and the family all the way down to VA Beach?  Any particular reason for that destination?

DH's family is near VA beach... I'll pencil in that summer too! :

Our adult decision involves post poning TTC also. We were trying for a few months but I went on BC in June because of the move. Now we want to buy a house when our year lease is up and I need to wait to be due after we would buy... Being a grown up stinks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"