TTC After a Loss
Options

Why I hate shopping

I cannot figure out what size to buy. I have gained and lost weight in the last year due to my pregnancies and subsequent poor eating habits. I am at a healthy weight for my height and am not currently trying to lose any weight. But this size thing is crazy. I have a perfect pair of jeans that are a size 10 that fit great. I have several pairs of size 8 dress pants that are falling off and I have to safety pin them on the side. I have a few old pairs of juniors size 9 that are a little big but still stay on. I also have a size 4 dress from college that has fit me throughout this whole ordeal. It is the kind that was tight around the boobs and then was flowwy. I just have no idea. Nothing seems to fit right. I went shopping with my mom and she bought me a dress and a pair of pants that were a size 6, they were a tiny bit tight, but the size pretty much fell off.

Where do you shop? Do you find the clothes to fit well? Any brands or stores do you recommend?

Wedding 08/08/08

BFP #1 12/29/10 EDD 08/29/11 Blighted Ovum 02/09/11 D&C 02/11/11

Clomid 50mg BFP #2 09/21/11 EDD 05/29/11 Chemical Pregnancy 10/4/11

BFP #3 4/19/13 Beta1- 106 Beta2- 524 Beta3- 3500 EDD 12/22/13 LO born 12/31/13

Re: Why I hate shopping

• Options
    I fit old navy well, and pretty much across the board. although lately I've had to go from 6's to 8's there... not too happy about that, but what can ya do? It's been a rough 5 months
    BFP #1 - Mango - 6/11/12, EDD 2/22/12 Natural MC 7/15/12
    BFP #2 - Nacho - 10/14/12, EDD 6/20/13, MMC 8 weeks, D&C 11/16/12
    All testing shows both H and I are perfectly normal. Baby Nacho had triploidy. 
    Back to normal business December 2012
    BFP #3 - Froggy - 1/15/13, EDD 9/27/13 TEAM GREEN
    It's a girl! Alice - Born 9/20/13, 8lbs 2oz

imageimage
  • Options

Since my weight has been fluctuating so much I tend to shop more at tjmaxx and Marshall's... For dress pants the limited brands fit me well and pretty inexpensive at those stores. Usually I can find one or two tops there too that fit me pretty good.. 

I also like New York and company. 

But I am in your boat. I need to go shopping and with me if I don't like one thing about the way it fits, I don't buy it. I am really picky with what I think looks good.  

TTC#1 12/1/11
    BFP #1 6/14/12 EDD 2/23/13, mm/c at 8w2d, D&C 8/1/12
    PgAL/PAL Welcome
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I completly feel your pain! DH said the last time he went jean shopping that if the government needed to get info out of a spy then they shoud send them shopping with me as torture. they would give up all their secrets lol. I have a pair of levi's that are a size 9 that fit really well but then I have a pair of 10's in another brand that are too tight.  like you I am usually between sizes. my size 8 american eagle khaki's were too tight so I bought 10's but wear a belt b/c they fall off. so basically I have no good advice for you. just sympathyBig Smile
    TTC since 4/28/07
    Diagnosed w/ endometriosis 12/2010 Laproscopic surgery & 6 months of Lupron
    BFP 12/17/2011,EDD 8/23/12,ectopic discovered 12/29/11 at 6 weeks recieved methotrexate
    Dec '12 HSG & ultrasound showed abnormalities & more endo. Laproscopic surgery in January '13 showed significant damage & scar tissue from Endo. IVF is our best shot to concieve our rainbow.

June '13 Decided to go the adoption route!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

imageimageFollow Me on Pinterestimageimageimage

***PGAL/PAL WELCOME***

• Options

I've worked part time in retail for a long time and one thing I have learned is depending on the garment, even if comes from the same store, the fit may vary.  For instance, in the same store, I have jeans in sizes 8 and 10 and another pair of pants that are size 6 and a dress in a 12.  You almost always have to try the clothes on because sometimes, things just fit different depending on fabric and what not. The advice of pp to find a tailor is a good idea.  Especially if you are at a healthy weight now that you are comfortable with and you don't plan on losing much more. 

I really like Banana Republic, Ann Taylor and the work pants from Express always look nice.  I worked part time at White House Black Market and although pricey, their clothes are made to fit women (not juniors).  The buyers and stylists test their clothing on women sizes 0-14 to make sure the shape and fit works for all sizes before it goes into the stores.  Other companies may do this too, but from my experience working with women who are shopping, they have had some good luck with the fit there. 

Ectopic Pregnancy * December 2008 Miscarriage/D&C * June 29, 2012
  • Options

I have a rough time with sizes too.  I stayed roughly the same size throughout high school, put on some weight early in college (can we say freshman 15??), lost a lot later in college due to extended illness, put it back on after graduation, and then lost a lot before my pregnancy (never put on anything during).  Right now my weight is about what it was in junior high.  (Wow that was exhausting to type and remember!)

Anyways, I have a pair of 10's that are about right and 8's that require a belt.  Makes no sense.  And they're all AE and the same fit too.  Don't even get me started on dresses.  My "go to" dress is a navy blue one from JCP and the brand is Signature by Sangria (FWIW, I have nothing else by this brand and literally had to just go check the tag b/c I couldn't remember it).  It's so frustrating!  I will say that I have the best luck with clothes at Kohl's, JCP, and AE.  Even though I just bashed my AE jeans a little bit, I won't buy jeans anywhere else.  I am too tall for average length and a little too short for long lengths in any other brand other than AE, so I stick to them.  I love Worthington brand dress pants (JCP) and Heart & Soul tops (JCP and Kohl's). 

• Options
    I have the same problem and mine is compounded by the fact that im barely 5'1 lol. Ive been rocking sweatpants and skirts 90% of the time. Luckily i wear scrubs to work. Bleh.
    Said goodbye 5/30/12 @10wks. 5/18/12 hb strong, 5/26/12 no hb Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I have the hardest time finding jeans that fit me good!  I really like Ann Taylor Loft and also I had been looking for the legging type jeans to where with boots in the winter that don't make me look totally fat and I found the most awesome pair at walmart by faded glory!  Actually bought my second pair last week!
    TTC since May 2011
    M/C #1 Chemical Pregnancy Aug 2011
    M/C #2 Blighted Ovum Feb 2012
    M/C #3 Missed Miscarriage after HB Aug 2012
    BFP #4 1/12/13 EDD: 9/26/13 Betas 12DPO: 45, 14DPO: 156, 19DPO: 904, 21DPO: 1,972, 26DPO: 12,230, 28DPO: 22,017
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"