August 2011 Moms
Options

Carseats (Poll)

Re: Carseats (Poll)

• Options
    We've used the convertible seat since DD could sit up in a high chair (around 6 months). She's always been super long and just didn't fit in the bucket seat anymore.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We switched to the convertible seat when DS was about 6 months old because I thought he was close to outgrowing it.  Apparently he JUST outgrew it at his 1 year appt and only by height.  I guess technically we could still use it because I think the height limit is 30" which is where he was at. 

One of my friends used her infant seat WELL passed the seat limits and her pedi even told her she needed to stop using it at baby's 12 mo appt because it wasn't safe anymore.  I think she ignored the 'advice' because it "is just so much more convenient to have him in the seat....."   Confused  I just nodded and after lunch we walked out together and she watched me (bump and all) climb into the backseat of my 2 door car to buckle DS into his convertible seat......  Yup totally "not convenient" but safe.  And yes we've since bought a van so I don't have to crawl into the back seat with a baby bump anymore. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Both.  We only have 1 convertible carseat and that is what she is in 99% of the time.  But if for whatever reason the parent with the babe has the other car, we still have the base installed and the carseat handy.  We do not carry her around in the bucket.  And I should add she is WAAAY under the weight limit, and the pedi said crossing her legs is fine since she is just over the height limit.  She emphasized that the weight is more important than the height. But I would say that in the last month she has been in the bucket twice.
  • Options

DD is only 22 pounds but is closing in on the height for the infant carrier.  Pedi and police both said to keep her in it as along as possible, it is much safer that way.  Her convertible has been in the box in the garage since her birthday in May.  one day it will see the light of day!

imageimage My special EA/TEF fighter! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"