November 2011 Moms
Options

Dropping a Bottle

Maybe I'm confused about how to do this.  But my LO isn't drinking super well from a sippy cup yet, so I'm not sure how to drop a bottle.  Do I just keep waiting for her to "get" it and then put formula in the cup?  She normally gets 7 oz or so in each of 4 bottles/day but only takes 1-2 oz from a sippy cup so that seems like a big drop.  Would you share how you did it if you're down to 2 or 3 now?  Thanks!

Re: Dropping a Bottle

• Options
    We're still failing at the sippy, but I think that's unrelated to dropping a bottle. DD was taking 8 oz. bottles at 7am, 11am, 3pm and 7pm. We consistently have been giving her three solid meals and was continuously taking about half of the 11 and 3 bottles. I now give her an 8 oz at 7 before breakfast, 8 oz. at 12 or 12:30 before her solid lunch and then her last bottle at 7ish before I put her to bed (after her solid dinner at ~5:30 or 6). One day about two weeks ago we just did it because I was tired of wasting formula. :-) Good luck!
                                    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Honestly, we've dropped bottles when it's evident that she's not needing it anymore. I'm on the verge of dropping her late afternoon bottle. Over half the time I pick her up from daycare and she hasn't had it yet. So, she's pretty much ready to drop it. I'm going to start next week bringing it down to 2 oz instead of 4. (She gets four 4 oz bottles per day of BM). And then go from there.  As for sippy vs. bottle. We've already introduced a sippy, but I think at 11 months, I'll start doing a sippy for breakfast and lunch and then her bedtime bottle will still be a bottle for a while. I don't see the need in getting rid of them altogether at 1 year. We'll ease into it... even if she's 16 months or 20 months or whatever when we finally get rid of the night time bottle.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"