December 2011 Moms
Options

breastfed for the last time yesterday :(

Since school started up again, I've only been BFing in the morning and evening.  A couple of weeks ago, I had to stop the evening feeding because there just wasn't enough milk.  Now the same thing has happened in the morning.  LO had to get a bottle today in the morning for the first time ever.  I'm sad that I had to stop short of my 1 year goal, but still very proud for making it 10 months, especially while working. It was kind of bittersweet.  

The good news is that cutting back really helped me lose the last few pounds of baby weight and now I can sleep late sometimes and DH can finally take over!

To all of you still going strong- good luck!! 

Re: breastfed for the last time yesterday :(

• Options

Making it 10 months is still a GREAT achievement!! Great job on making it that far, mama.

I'm still going, but between illness, AF returning out of the blue (ugh) and other factors, I don't know how much longer I'll make it. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charlie - 12/11/2011 * Surprise! #2 - EDD 2/17/2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The same exact thing is happening to me. This is my first week without pumping. I have tons of milk in the evening but in the morning it's starting to seem like she's not getting enough. It's very difficult emotionally. I went through hell and back in the beginning. I was determined to breastfeed no matter what personal sacrifices I had to make. I feel really sad and also embarrassed that I won't make it to a year. Sometimes I feel like there is a lot of societal pressure. But then I realize that it's really me who is putting pressure on myself.

You did a fantastic job! In a perfect world, you wouldn't have to pump. You could just breastfeed and you would have made it to a year or more. But this is reality and you did your absolute best!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats on 10 months!!! If I remember right your original goal was to BF until you returned to work, so you actually really exceeded your goal! By three times plus. That's awesome!!!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Way to go!!! I remember DS' last time BFing and there were tears. LOTS and LOTS of tears. I'm still pumping 3x/day, but there have been some issues and I don't know how much longer I'll make it. The pain is getting pretty bad. 

You did the best that you could... which is fantastic. 

Baby Charchie born 12/22/2011
  • Options

Congrats on 10 months breastfeeding, that is a success that should be celebrated.

Do you think your half marathon training has anything to do with it?  I noticed a decrease in my supply when I really started following my training schedule, which includes working out 6 days a week, and three days of strength training.  I think I'm going to have to start supplementing soon,  I can barely keep up with him these days.  Oh, how I long for the days of engorgement and over supply....

laying down the law on Oahu's North Shore

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Congrats on BFing 10 months! That's a big deal!!

• Options

Congrats to going 10 months!! That is awesome Party!!!

We are still going strong here, but only because I SAH and we have not had any issues...I did have to break out my Lansinoh this week because E decided to bite down hard enough to draw blood and leave a cut that hurt like h*ll!! Hopefully, she doesn't decide to try that again anytime soon...

I give you working moms so much credit-pumping at work sounds very inconvenient and I doubt I would have been able to make if that long if i was working!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Options

Congrats on BFing for 10 months!!  Especially with all the pumping you did last spring, that's an accomplishment to celebrate  :)

Enjoy the extra sleep you can get by letting your DH take his turn getting up early!

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Good job on ten great months and surviving pumping at work! It sure is bittersweet. I know there will be lots of tears on my end when I stop.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

imageccip82:

I did have to break out my Lansinoh this week because E decided to bite down hard enough to draw blood and leave a cut that hurt like h*ll!! Hopefully, she doesn't decide to try that again anytime soon...

I think this hurts worse than newborn breastfeeding!  I have one side that I refuse to nurse him on because he bit down three different sessions, causing cuts three different areas.  Even pumping causes me to wince.  Sad It is so sore.  I hope he stops this biting and gets over the six teeth at once soon. 

laying down the law on Oahu's North Shore

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageBlueCards:
    Congrats on 10 months!!! If I remember right your original goal was to BF until you returned to work, so you actually really exceeded your goal! By three times plus. That's awesome!!!

Very true.

Thanks ladies :)  I will enjoy my extra sleep! 

• Options
    Way to go momma! That's a terrific achievement!
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Good job, ILML! 10 months is a long time, you did great! 

Enjoy those mornings where you get to sleep late! :-) 

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options

Congrats on making it 10 months! That's a great accomplishment.

I'm still kind of sad about only making it 9 months, but we're adjusting. My daughter is happy and healthy, and I'm glad to have a little bit of extra time in my day. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Congrats on 10 months!

With DD I stopped at 9 mths because I went back on Clomid to get pg.  so this time I want o make it to 1 year if I can.  I'm so over pumping but will miss the 2 daily breaks at work.  However will love the extra time and not cleaning all the pump parts! 

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

congrats on making it 10 months!

this was exactly how our BFing journey ended too (except it happened around 8.5 months).  first I had to drop the evening then I had to drop the morning.  It was bittersweet, but I kind of like the freedom!

AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"