Secondary IF

Intro and question

Hi ladies,

I just wanted to introduce myself as I prepare for my first round of IVF as we TTC #2.  We were successful with our first complete IVF last year (details in sig), and just had DD this June.  Since I am 39 (will be 40 in early March), both RE and OB recommended trying for #2 ASAP, especially before turning 40 if possible, so we are currently on our way.

Just did CD3 labs yesterday and hormones are all within normal range.  My thyroid is still a little high PP, since my levels went really low taking my pregnancy dose PP for a bit, and then dropping the dosage to regulate.  It wasn't terrible, around 3.5, but still want to get that number down ASAP, so we upped my dosage yesterday.

I go in for my saline sonogram next Friday, and am really hoping I get the all clear, since last time I had a cyst and my cycle was delayed for a D&C/Hysteroscopy to clean things up first.

Yesterday, while reviewing my labs with the RE nurse, she mentioned that while the RE wants to me to repeat the antagonist protocol (Menopur and Follistim), she wants me to do Lupron this time (I believe she said it was a flare/microflare) and I believe she said we would use that instead of the Ganirelex.  During my time on the IF board, I recalled plenty of people using Lupron, but since it didn't apply to me at the time, I didn't pay much attention.  I was hoping that I could get some info/advice about it from those that have done it in the past (hopefully as a successful cycle), so I can understand the purpose of using it as well as any helpful tips or info worth knowing about this med.  TIA!

10/10: Married; 5/11: Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tube; 7/11: D&C/Hysteroscopy to remove polyp
IVF #1: 9/11: ER: 12R, 11M, 10F, No Frosties; 5dt: 2 blasts, 1 morula; DD born 6/3/12
IVF #2: 11/12-12/12: ER: 20R, 20M, 16F, 4 Frosties; 5dt: 3 blasts, DS born 8/9/13
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Intro and question

• I don't have any experience with lupron but I wanted to say welcome! Hope your stay is short and sweet!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MPZ born June 2011
    TTC #2 ... Cycle 1-3: IUI = BFN | Cycle 4: IVF ... canceled but 3 snow babies
    Cycle 5: FET .. BFP! | EDD - 3/15/2014
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • No experience with lupron here either, but wanted to say welcome. I hope your next IVF cycle is as successful as your first.

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

• Loading the player...
  • Welcome! I hope your stay is short.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't have any experience with any of the meds you are planning on taking but I wanted to say welcome!  Sorry you have to be here.

BFP #1 12/28/09 D&C 2/15/10
    BFP #2 DS

BFP #3 5/13/12 M/C 6/10/12
    BFP #4 8/12/12 M/C 8/18/12
    September 2012 - 2.5mg Femara + Ovidrel + TI = BFP #5 Beta #1 - 61 @ 12 dpo, Beta #2 - 183 @ 14 dpo, Beta #3 - 1466 @ 19 dpo
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Welcome and GL. I used lupron with my successful IVF cycle with DD#2.  I also used it this FET cycle but I won't know until tomorrow if my beta doubles or not.  I think it's used to suppress your cycle so you don't ovulate on your own. The shot is easy to give yourself. It goes in the belly and you use a small insulin needle for the injection. The only side effect I had was minor bloating and every once in a while I got hot flashes that would pass quickly. Hope this helps!

JM 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

• Hi and Welcome! No advice on the Lurpon since I did antagonist with Ganirelx. Hope your stay on the board is a short one!
    After many years and tears our baby boy is finally here
    Born 11-6-10

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"