Working Moms
Options

My 1st WM breakdown...

LO woke up coughing like crazy out of nowhere this morning. No fever, runny nose, or anything else. I continued with our morning routine and she still would not stop coughing. Before we left I gave her a breathing treatment (which usually works) but still in the car she kept coughing. I could tell she was still sleepy also, not to mention it was pouring down raining this morning, lightening and thundering. Yet I still had to go to work and take her to DC:( I felt so horrible...I wish I could have just stayed in bed with her and cuddled. When I dropped her off and handed her to her teacher she started crying and reaching for me, she never does that. She is usually very happy and waving bye-bye. I cried the whole way to work and I am still very emotional right now. Today is just not a good day!

Thanks for listening ladies.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My 1st WM breakdown...

• Options
    Aww, that stinks. I bet she is getting lots of cuddles from your DCP right now.
  • Options

imageshannm:
    Aww, that stinks. I bet she is getting lots of cuddles from your DCP right now.

Thank you. I know she is:) I want to call and check on her but then I don't want to feel worse if they tell me she is not having a good day. Crying

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageLibraryChica:
    Aww, that sucks. I hope she feels better! *hugs*

Thank you:)

• Options
    imageEllaHella:

Hopefully the coughing in the car was the breathing treatment just doing it's job- breaking up the gunk.  Which medicine do you use?  Some hype DS and others make him drowsy. 

Don't worry too much about her.  They will call if she is having a bad day.  And they will give her extra cuddles for you. 

Thanks:) We use Albuterol that was given by our Pedi. It doesn't usually make her sleepy, but she refused to fall asleep last night until about 11pm and she is usually sleep by 930 so I knew she would be a bit tired this morning.

• Options

I'm sorry, mama!! Those days are the worst! My DD cried and reached for me when I left this morning too, she's not sick but it still makes me feel terrible.

Hang in there, and like a pp said, DC will call if she's really sick and needs to be picked up!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    So sorry!  Hang in there.  I got a call yesterday at work that DD wasn't herself and needed extra cuddles and TLC and one on one time, but they weren't sending her home.  I think it's allergies, and I put a call into the pedi to see if there is something we can be doing to help, but I felt bad that I knew that she was having a bad day at daycare, but there wasn't much I could do. :-(  We gave her extra cuddles last night and she seemed to be improving this morning. 
    IMG_2304IMG_3206
    Baby Girl #2 is on her way!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks ladies:) I am feeling a little better now with just 2hrs and 45mins left in my work day. I can't wait to get off and pick her up!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"