Adoption

Vent turned Into Celebration

Yesterday I typed up a vent post and this closed the window without posting.  It just seemed so vague and honestly do you guys really want to hear me whine?  Well, now it turned into a GREAT thing.  So please bear with me through the whining, because there is a wonderful ending.

For the past three months, we have had horrible support from "the system".  We have documented, written emails, escalated issues, held meetings, etc.  It seemed that everyone agreed that "this shouldn't be happening" but that no one had to the power or was able to make the change needed. 

Then last week DH's grandfather passed away the day before DH's birthday.  After first approving for the boys to travel with us, we were then told that "it wasn't in their best interest" to go even if we took precautions to shield them from any funeral issues (staying at a hotel, etc.) or even know that we had a death in the family.  This was HARD because we were both very close to DH's grandfather.  In the end, I stayed home with the boys and DH went on a "business trip" to NJ for three days.  Those three days were emotionally awful for me because I was without my biggest support (DH) and I had to pretend everything was normal when I was grieve the loss and crushed I could not be with family. 

I tried to make some lemonade out of the lemons I was dealt, so the boys and I planned a surprise birthday celebration for DH when he got back.  We bought him some presents and made cupcakes- all of which was a HUGE deal to the boys.  Last night was when our party was planned.  Yesterday morning I got an email from a new player in case asking if they could come over for a visit that evening to meet us and the boys.  Because of the history of this case, we try to be as open/honest/accomodating as possible so I didn't feel like we could tell her no.  But I was PISSED at the situation since I felt like the one thing good thing that came out of a horrible weekend was now getting messed up!

She came over last night and she was awesome!  We are SO excited to have her involved in our case.  But she shared with us some interesting news.  Shocking news, in fact that is just wonderful!  I'm still smiling!  Basically, we have been assigned all new social workers for our case.  Part of the reassignment is bittersweet because we LOVED some social workers.  Others not so much.  Also, "the system" has taken actions that we never expected in a million years to ensure that the issues/problems that we have seen in the past three months will not be repeated.  I can't tell you how shocked we are at how thoroughly they handled our situation.  I wish I could explain it all, but I can't.  But here's one example.  We had an issue with carseat safety.  There will now be a carseat safety workshop for the entire agency!  I can't believe it!  So are so happy!  We lost so much hope in the system and it is so nice to feel that being restored! Woohoo!

And DH's surprise celebration was great!  The boys had a wonderful time giving him his presents and eating cupcakes!  Not ruined at all.  And maybe even better since we had a lot of celebrating to do! Party!!!

Re: Vent turned Into Celebration

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"