Pre-School and Daycare

This preschool thing is really Pissing me off!

So DD's new school, is apparently not as together as they said they were. They started out with only 16 kids with 2 teachers and now its 27 kids and 2 teachers. Way too many. The class rooms are small and the second teacher was introduced to us as a Teachers aide. Now she has her own class which DD is in. I emailed the head master about lack of communication with the parents about these changes since school has been in since Sept 4th and now they are having a mandatory Pre K mtg for parents to "communicate the changes". Great! Now I get an email stating Each family is responsible for selling a
minimum of $400.00 worth of plants (27
plants). which was not in the welcome info.The cost of each plant is $15.00.
 Parents who do not make
fulfill their fundraising commitment by selling
of poinsettias will still be responsible for
contributing $400.00, to be deducted via
FACTS within 60 days of the due date.WTF??? I will have spent almost 1000.00 in the last 2 months preparing for school and fundraisers on a school that doesn't have their stuff together. Am I over reacting??  
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: This preschool thing is really Pissing me off!

• When you signed your kid up for this school you weren't responsible for $400 and now you are? No way. I would have an issue with that!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • um, what?

It's preschool, right?  Yeah, no.

promised myself I'd retire when I turned gold, and yet here I am
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh my goodness. I would be looking for a new preschool too. I feel like my daughter's preschool is too disorganized sometimes, but I would NOT be okay with 27 kids and only 2 teachers. I can't even imagine that's legal! And I DEFINITELY would not be okay with them tacking on a four hundred dollar "fundraiser" of which you had no prior knowledge. I would be high-tailing it out of there....and I'm usually a "hemming and haw-ing" kind of decision maker!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Sounds to me like they're really hard up for $, is it a new school or something? All of it would be concerning to me & I suspect you're not the only parent looking to possibly leave...which in reality might be best for them to get their s--t together.
    GL!
  • What a crappy school.  If it is not in the handbook or in anything else you should tell them they need to stick their plants up their butts.  They can't just add $400 of required fundraising.  That is basically charging you $400 for a service they are not providing.
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • I wouldn't be good with any of that post either!  I hope it isn't too late to get into a new place.  OMG!
    O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • I'd be looking for a new school this instant. Also, check your state's provider laws about class size...most are 8 to 10 kids per adult, so 27 kids to two adults wouldn't cut it.

• Wow...get her out of there asap! I would be telling any one within earshot to get the hell out of there too!
  • That would piss me off too!  I bet other parents feel the same way.  Maybe the DC will take into consideration your comments especially if they come in numbers. In the meantime, I would be looking for a new pre-school.
  • I'd find a new preschool ASAP! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sorry a little late on this post, but I would look for a new school just for the class size.  As for the fund raisers, I have never had it happen in our school, but a friend of mine recently posted on FB that her DD has been taking home another fundraiser every week!  I don't know if its normal, but I guess it does happen.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"