Blended Families
Options

Excited-Weekend trip to see SKs

I've been quietly saving some $ on the side to surprise DH and the SKs. We are long distance and had them the 1st half of summer this year. It also happens to NOT be our Thanksgiving. So end of July to Christmas is just TOO long not to see them.

Our CO is set up that as long as DH gives BM two weeks notice he is entitled to a weekend a month. Being long distance, obviously the cost prohibits a lot of these trips but we have made them on occasion.

I am so excited that there are super fun events going on in their area when we will be there (part of why I picked this particular weekend we are going) and we will get to dress the kids up in costumes and do the Zoo Boo / Boo Zoo thing. (Its prior to actual Halloween but still gives us the opportunity to participate).

Anyhow, just wanted to share a happy moment. DH was shocked and thrilled. The kids will find out this weekend that we will be coming up soon. :-) Fingers crossed everyone has a great time.

Re: Excited-Weekend trip to see SKs

• Options

That's awesome! I hope everyone has a great time, and that was very sweet of you to surprise DH.

How did BM respond? I know if I was in this situation I would want more than two weeks notice, especially since YH doesn't take the visits very often. I know the CO says only two weeks, it's just a side thought.

• Options

No response - but that is typical.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    honestly, thats great! so sweet of you, and will be sooo fun for you, DH and the kids.  as long as its in the CO, BM has no say, she will just have to deal.  hope you guys have fun!

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Apparently I have been blocked, NBD. But man the bumps block feature is lame. I can see post titles and click on them and only see replies. Lame Bump, very lame.
  • Options
    WEIRD I haven't blocked you.
  • Options
    TP for a great weekend!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"